Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happs_gw

Bathroom Vanity Remodel

happs
12 years ago

I currently have a bathroom cabinet/vanity that measures 46" long by 22" deep. I would like to buy new cabinets in a maple color with a slightly higher height, since I'm a tall person. My bathroom size cabinet/vanity is a custom size and I'm having a difficult time finding "off the shelf" made in the USA brand name cabinets in that size. Since it seems like the standard length is either 43" or 49", I'll will have to hire someone to cut off a little of it to make it fit into the existing space. I intend to replace the top with another white cultured marble top and sink.

I received an estimate from a recommended licensed contractor and was surprised at the cost of this small project: Here is the quote I received.

Demolition

Remove Mirror

Repair Drywall Behind Mirror

Dump Fee

New Vanity

Reinstall Mirror

New Cultured Marble Top and Sink

Total: $2,645

I've seen ads online where people are selling gently used or even new existing bathroom vanities with cultured marble top in the size I need 46" x 22" for under $500, sometimes already removed from bathroom.

If I were to purchase the parts myself and then hire a "handyman" type on a hourly basis at let's say $40 hour to install it , do you think he/she could do the work for less than the quote I received from the licensed contractor?

Comment (1)