Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom Vanity Remodel

Posted by happs (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 13:26

I currently have a bathroom cabinet/vanity that measures 46" long by 22" deep. I would like to buy new cabinets in a maple color with a slightly higher height, since I'm a tall person. My bathroom size cabinet/vanity is a custom size and I'm having a difficult time finding "off the shelf" made in the USA brand name cabinets in that size. Since it seems like the standard length is either 43" or 49", I'll will have to hire someone to cut off a little of it to make it fit into the existing space. I intend to replace the top with another white cultured marble top and sink.

I received an estimate from a recommended licensed contractor and was surprised at the cost of this small project: Here is the quote I received.

Demolition
Remove Mirror
Repair Drywall Behind Mirror
Dump Fee
New Vanity
Reinstall Mirror
New Cultured Marble Top and Sink

Total: $2,645

I've seen ads online where people are selling gently used or even new existing bathroom vanities with cultured marble top in the size I need 46" x 22" for under $500, sometimes already removed from bathroom.

If I were to purchase the parts myself and then hire a "handyman" type on a hourly basis at let's say $40 hour to install it , do you think he/she could do the work for less than the quote I received from the licensed contractor?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom Vanity Remodel

Did you check ebay for vanities? I've bought two different vanities off ebay and have been very pleased. They seem to be cheaper than buying from the stores, even with shipping, and sometimes depending on the company shipping can be free.

I bought a 60" Kraftmaid vanity with quiet close drawers for 499.00 (shipping included).

I noticed that one of the Kraftmaid sellers on ebay has vanities that are 45" X 21" X 34.5", they also sell premade granite tops to fit them, that are fairly reasonable.

Some different 45" vanities found on ebay. . .

Kraftmaid Birch 45" Vanity

Kraftmaid White 45" Vanity

Kraftmaid Peppercorn Cherry 45" Vanity

45" vanity with marble top

45" vanity with travertine top
45" modern vanity with top and mirror

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here