Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom/ mudroom plan help please

Posted by bshoe321 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 13:24

Hello,
We are moving our kitchen to the other end of the house. This gives me space for a guest bath and mudroom Whoop! It's just my husband and I as the kids have moved out. He works in construction and come home pretty dirty. We have drawn several scenarios and cannot come up with something we both agree on. I think we will have to take out the 6 ft window and the 3 ft window. The future garage will be on the side where the 3 ft window is anyway. The room is 20 x 12 . Two blocks = 1 ft. Walls can go any where.
My wants are this for the mudroom.
Washer and dryer with a place to access behind the dryer. It's a bummer to hook up
Hang coats, bins for hats gloves and dog treats
Place for shoes
Cleaning supplies including vacuum and brooms
And a place to put dog beds
As for the guest bath anything goes except we are reusing a 4x3 shower

What do you all think? Any ideas? Thank you for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom/ mudroom plan help please

A few questions:
Are you keeping all the things you have sketched out in the mudroom section or are they all relocating to the new kitchen?

Is the exterior door just below the refrigerator?

is the door to the rest of the house on the right wall where the bathroom and mudroom meet?

What is in the area behind the toilet? Or is the shower bumped out?

o

Your picture that you posted is the old layout right? What is the layout that you have to work with? Without the kitchen. Is the bathroom in the current location as on this first image above?

o

You have a nice rough plan of the dimensions you want to work with. What I would do is cut out, to scale, elements you want in the room and locate them, then photograph each layout, before moving on to the next layout. Keep moving things around and see what you come up with. Then post some options you like for feedback.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here