Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Victoria and Albert tub

Posted by ripleys_mum (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 13:24

Hi All,

I have two questions. One, we are replacing an '80s jacuzzi tub and have decided on the Victoria and Albert York. Has anyone ordered the tub online and if so, from what company and was it a positive experience. I've seen the tub online for about $2100 (not including the drain assembly). The local plumbing suppliers are quoting $2700 + shipping + the drain assembly, I'm guessing $3000+ for a total. The advantage to shopping local is the guarantee that the tub will be pristine and if there are problems the plumbing supply company will take care of them. On the other hand the extra cost could be spent on the faucet.
Two, I'd be interested in the faucet brands York owners have chosen. The V&A website has a great faucet with the York, but doesn't sell it (I called & the representative didn't know the brand).

Many thanks in advance for the advice!

karenj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Victoria and Albert tub

I just had the V&A Antibes installed (LOVE IT!!), keeps nice and warm during a bath. I was not able to see it before purchasing and was very concerned about ordering it online also, but the cost difference was a huge factor for me. I ordered it from qualitybath.com and it was such a smooth transaction. It comes by frieght and they did an awesome job keeping me updated. The tub came on a pallet, in a giant box and was wrapped in foam and heavy duty saran wrap stuff. I did unpack it down to the foam and saran wrap to check that it wasn't damaged upon arrival. No scratches, nothing. It looks great installed and feels silky (best description I can give).
But i do highly reccommend Quality Bath, we ordered all of our faucets and fixtures and sinks from them and they did a great job keeping us updated with delivery times. They are also very friendly on the phone too as tub had to be ordered via phone call.
Good luck!

o

Many thanks microbugs! (by any chance are you a paleo person?) Anyways, the local plumbing supply is very expensive, so I will pursue qualitybath.com. My hubby doesn't want to buy online but the 1K+ difference is significant, at least to me.
Did you buy the V&A drain too? It looks like it's specific to V&A. I'll need faucets, sinks, etc... so I'm off to fondle via internet :-D
Thanks again!!

o

I too ordered the V&A York from Quality bath they have had it backordered since Feb 19 and just called yesterday to let me know its on its way email and phone. I sat it the Tub in our local supply place and loved it it is spacious for two but not a giant footprint. And yes very sturdy silky feel more like a corian solid surface than porc. feel. The price saved me about 1000$ you have to get the drain with it.
The customer service (Mimi) FABULOUS! The website is difficult to search with unless you already know brands spec. models etc. Not bad just more time consuming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here