Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marthasiny

8or10' pol nic rain head rohlvsdanzevsjado... please help!!

Martha Alvarez
12 years ago

I am trying to figure out whether to go w/an 8 inch or 10 inch rain head. Choices limited due to "polished nickel" traditional/vintage Rohl cross handle country collection fixtures. Rohl offers an 8 inch shower rose rain head w/ANTI-CAL (easier to clean?). Rohl does not offer 10 inch head. None of the ones I see can be used at a tilt w/o affecting flow.

1. I like the Rohl 8 inch but want to make sure its big enough to enjoy a rain shower experience. Is it necessary to go to 10 inch to have an enjoyable rain shower? Will going to bigger head cause less pressure and degrade experience?

2. Danze has a 10 inch model D461193. Jado 860/110 10 inch advertises no water drip after shut off and rubber nozzles. What is better? Is it worth staying w/Rohl 8" to get anti-cal feature or getting larger head. Is it worth $100 more for Jado vs Danze features?

3. What size arm do I need to ceiling mount it. 12"? Rain head height is 4-6"/hubby 6 ft /I am 5 ft. If I hang it w/6" rod instead of a 12", will it affect my usage or splash over glass shower doors?

Comments (2)