Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toto Aquia dual flush regrets?

Posted by johnnieb (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 12:47

Anybody else regretting their choice? As part of a major home renovation project about 5 years ago, my husband and I installed 2 Toto Aquia dual flush toilets, one in our master bath and the other in our guest bath. We have never been entirely happy with them. The primary problem is that with the low water level, you have to have awfully good aim or the toilet bowl will get dirty, and as often as not it does NOT wash it down! So we are flushing the toilet twice (which negates the water conservation aspect) or otherwise cleaning the bowl constantly, and when we have guests it is downright embarrassing. And we usually have to explain to our guests how to flush the damn thing! But the last straw is that the fill valve on one of them has failed, and on top of having to special order the replacement part, it turns out to be nearly impossible to replace ourselves. If we were doing it all over, we would NOT install these toilets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toto Aquia dual flush regrets?

I have a Guinevere (single flush), my first 1.28 gallon toilet, and hate it for the same reasons, right down to the guests being embarrassed. In my case the fill valve hasn't failed, but unless you empty the tank by holding the flush handle for 3-5 seconds, the flapper gets sucked into the hole, causing a massive internal leak, . Adjustment helps, but only for a while. The sanagloss appears to make things worse, as nastiness seems to grab and hold on even above the water line, requiring frequent brushing. No more Sanagloss (more like "snag - gloss") and no more 1.28 gallon toilets for me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here