Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colorfast

Where to buy bathroom faucets/fixtures online?

colorfast
12 years ago

Hi, I had a pretty stressful situation buying my Blanco sink online, but it did work out in the end. Plunging into my bathroom remodel and thinking about buying online because I know there's sales to be had, but I'm a little more skittish than last time.

If you can help with trusted websites to buy any of the following, I'd appreciate it!

Bathroom faucets: any brand, really want durable

Tub/shower combo Faucet and showerhead: need handheld to bathe dog

Toilet: Likely will buy a Kohler Wellworth at HD/Lowe's unless you think I can do better online for $200

Sink basin: Undermount, also likely to buy the Kohler at HD

Worried I may need: New Tub surround (don't want tile)

Depends on plumber

I especially would like to find the faucets and showerhead online; I lucked into a KWC on clearance locally for the kitchen and I really love using it. Thanks again!

Comments (14)

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

If you have a Tuesday Morning store near you, they bought the inventory from a plumbing supply house that went under & are selling some really nice faucets that retail for well over $150 for around $60 each.

Online, I have had luck with eBay, efaucets.com, faucet.com & irawoods.com.

Hope this helps!

• fivekeils
    12 years ago

You may want to even check at the big box store, depending on the brand you're interested in. Lowe's had the Kohler faucet I wanted for less than anyplace online. As far as online retailers, Amazon seemed to have the best prices for faucets.

• try-it
    12 years ago

Hi,
    This may not be helpful at all but I have had great assistance from our local lowe's. I found a Moen tub/shower faucet there, bought it, and will ask them for a matching price on the Kohler sink faucet I want that I found at FaucetDirect. If they won't match it, I'll order on line.
    Whatever local store you have will probably be able to order exactly what you want and close to the on-line price - they need the business and it's nice for you to stay local. Good luck.

• Lynne Reno
    12 years ago

We priced everything out online then, at our GC's urging went to our local plumbing supply store- with our GC discount we beat every online price and got fantastic service and professional advice. The only thing we didn't get from them were some discontinued hansgrohe faucets at dealyard.com which were a steal at $60 each

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

I bought some fixtures locally from plumbing stores. I also bought a few fixtures online from Faucet Depot and Home Perfect.

Also, sometimes the products carried by big box stores may be different/lower quality than products in the main lines, so you will probably want to compare manufacturer part numbers to be certain you're getting what you want.

• John Tebbs
    12 years ago

We got all our fixtures for our new bath from Faucetdirect.com Huge inentory, and their help line is very knowledgible.

• dekeoboe
    12 years ago

mydreamhome - Is Tuesday Morning having these plumbing fixtures something new? I haven't been to one in a couple of weeks and I could use a small faucet for filtered water.

• colorfast
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone for the tips. I was thinking about Faucet Direct, but a lot of these other names I didn't have.

I think we have a Tuesday Morning on the other side of town and will check into it. I'm curious if you can get Lowe's to pricematch. I wouldn't have thought to ask the big box stores that question.

I had the bad luck at Faucet Depot with the silgranit sink so I will steer clear of them though.

• Donna_NJ
    12 years ago

I priced my entire package (Hansgrohe, thermostatic valve with volume control, S trim, Raindance shower head and handshower -- plus shower arm, wall outlet, bar/hose -- plus vanity faucet Hansgrohe Metris plus tub faucet Aquabrass Blu) at efaucets.com and faucetsdirect.com, then based on a tip on this forum, tried plumbtile.com -- total package was ~$300 less. Free shipping. A little slow in coming, but worked in my schedule. Recommend!

• txjoyce
    12 years ago

We bought our kitchen faucet and bathroom sink faucets at Costco - all Hansgrohe and well below anyone else's price. They're probably not in the current lineup from Hansgrohe, but they are beautiful and we love them. Our GC was amazed - said we got them for substantially less than he could.

• Jbrig
    12 years ago

We just completed a Master Bath reno, and I bought all my major plumbing fixtures at faucet.com and faucetdirect.com (they are sister companies under the build.com umbrella, which also has lighting.com, etc.)

I can't say enough positive things about the customer service I received there. If you call them (vs order online), you will be given a specific person to be your contact, which is helpful. However, even when I did not speak specifically w/ my contact guy, I received prompt, helpful, polite service. Fast shipping, huge selection, able to track my packages, just had a great experience.

(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation w/ the websites listed above, just wanted to promote a business that appears to be truly customer-oriented)

Oh, and they will price match other websites. I only needed to do that w/ one of my orders and they promptly took care of that for me.

• Mannie L
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

amazon has good prices on theirs http://www.amazon.com/

• nicole___
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I purchase ALL my faucets on Ebay. I've had GREAT success! (Kohler, Grohe) I get the faucets about half off compared to Home Depot.

IE: Grohe Ladylux3 Pro/supersteel ...I paid $125 + $20 shipping. New in the box.

Kohler BelleraK560vs/vibrant stainless...I paid $93 + free shipping.

Then on Amazon.com I purchased an open box Vigo olus VG05001BN wall mount faucet for $50.