Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please comment on my master suite layout

Posted by okpokesfan (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 11, 12 at 12:23

Hello everyone. I would appreciate feedback on my master bed/bath area. DH's closet is also a tornado safe room. The vanity to the right of the tub is 3'10 The vanity below the tub is 5'. The shower is 4x6 and the seat will go on the other end. The walkway between the shower and 5' vanity is 4' wide. I would probably include a small linen tower with the 5' vanity and put a larger one my my closet if needed. Thanks!

master bath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please comment on my master suite layout

looks nice. i looked first and wondered why he had such a big closet! better be sure to store a jug of water in there, a few blankets - and grab pillows before heading in there!

o

I don't like the hallway that you have to traverse to get to the bedroom. I prefer walking directly into a spacious room. Is moving the door an option? Your pic doesn't show what's on the other side of the master suite.

The rest looks good. Bath layout and flow work well. Where will you put towel racks for the shower?

o

Yikes! Good point about the towel racks. Another little glitch to work out. Thanks for pointing that out.

The other side of that wall is the living room and we don't want our bedroom to come right off the living room, hence the hallway.

o

Will the door swing of the bathroom entry bang into the door swing of the toilet compartment?

o

We changed the location of "his" closet door to the hallway and the bathroom door will open/swing to the left so shouldn't be a problem. We also added a partial wall to the shower (instead of all glass) to hold towel racks. Thanks!

o
door

Oops, I mean it will swing to the right (toward the vanity, not the toilet room.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here