Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bath screen,shower screen or shower curtain

Posted by cassie225 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 12:03

I can't find anything about bath or shower screens. After we remodeled our bathroom I used a shower curtain and everything was great,but now it seem that the shower curtain does not prevent the water from coming out onto the floor on the end where the showerhead is.There is a puddle always. We can not install curved shower bar as my DH does not want to drill into the new tile on the wall. I was at a hotel this weekend and they had half a glass panel on their shower and it looked good. Can I do this on my tub,and will it still leak. Help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bath screen,shower screen or shower curtain

Yes it is doable. However, you need to drill into the tile to anchor 2 clips which will hold the glass.

o

Glass panel like this one for the shower:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/DreamLine-Aqua-Lux-Glass-45x72-Shower-Door-36x60-inch-Amazon-Shower-Base/6136916/product.html

Or maybe like this one for the tub:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/DreamLine-Aqua-Lux-48x58-Clear-Glass-and-Brushed-Nickel-Bathtub-Door/5612122/product.htm

o

Still need to drill into the tile?

o

What about a $6 shower splash guard?

o

try www.fleurco.com I think ours is the Monaco with the square chrome hinges

o
And

Yes. You have to drill into the tile. I just checked and it is from the Evolution Series called the Monaco square tub shield. You can download the installation manual and see how it is installed. My DH installed ours.

o

Doesn't the fixed panel part of the screen prevent you from being able to easily reach in and turn on the water for a shower without having to get in the tub/shower before the water is warm (or cold) enough?

o

good question about turning on water

o

Door1, we are looking at the Fleurco shower screen that you have, or something similar. Is it a problem to turn on the water without having to get into the tub or shower? Anyone have a swing out screen where this is not a problem?

Thanks in advance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here