Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaljr82

P trap and Supply Lines

kaljr82
11 years ago

My wife and I are having a custom built vanity put into our new master bath. Not knowing anything about plumbing, we thought that the P-Trap and Supply lines would be able to be housed in the cabinet portion under the sink.

Our construction manager said it looks impossible to squeeze it all in there, so it looks like it will all be exposed underneath our vanity. No big deal. We will just do a Chrome P-Trap and some nicer supply lines and valves.
My question to you all is anyone else in this sitaution? Does it look alright in person? I have looked at several pictures and it seems to look okay but just want some reassurance.

Also, any suggestions on an inexpensive place to buy nice look plumbing supplies? We want something nice and curable, but will not throw is even more over our budget (our contractor normally just does pvcp-traps and standard supply lines)

Another thing, last time I was in the house I noticed the the rough ins for the supply lines and the drain were not mirror images of each other *they actually look quite different) Is this easy enough for the contractor to fix? My guess is our foreman did not tell the plumber that the bottom half of our vanity would be exposed, however all of the drywall and painting is done and am worried that we will be put behind by having to redo this plumbing work.
Very frustrating

Any input would be great!
Thanks!.

Comment (1)