Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saaraahsaaraah

Small Bathroom Help: Tub and Shower with Sloped Ceiling

saaraah
11 years ago

Hi there. :) I've been lurking for a few years on this forum and was hoping someone could help me out with my only bathroom. My husband and I are finally in the planning stages and will be gutting it. I'm wanting a classic 1920s vintage aesthetic (marble basketweave flooring, white subway tiles, etc), as our house is older being built in 1905(ish).

There are several complicating things, though...

- small size 5' 6" x 7' 9" (it's impossible to make the room bigger)
- exterior wall has a sloped ceiling starting at 6' high off the ground
- current tub plumbing is in a small wall with only a hand shower
- narrow space (2'1") between current pedestal sink and small wall
- need a very small tub as the current one is only 4' 4" long

The main issues:

- How do we surround the tub and shower? With the sloped wall, I don't know if glass is possible. I dislike shower curtains and definitely do not want the L-shaped rod that's currently there. Seemingly, a vintage J-tub might be the best option?

- Where would an actual shower head go? I'd like Riobel's {{gwi:1395843}}.

- Any suggestions for a narrow, vintage-looking pedestal sink? I was wanting to go with Kohler's Bancroft line, but their pedestal sink is too deep. Our current one is only 19 3/4" deep. :( Perhaps Restoration Hardware's small Park pedestal is an option at 18 3/4" deep.

Here are some photos, which will hopefully explain the bathroom. :)

Walking in through the door, the sink is on the left and the awkward small wall with plumbing is on the right.

There's an exterior door going out to a porch (the doorway is staying and is strangely common in my neighbourhood...) and then the plumbing stack and toilet is on the right, beside the tub.

Here's the sloped ceiling on the exterior wall:

Another photo of the tub, hand shower, and small wall:

Any help and ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you so much. :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!