Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hand shower in tub?

Posted by VADawg (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 11:40

Renovating our master bath and I'm going to have a built-in tub. Our contractor thinks we need the optional hand shower accessory to go with the tub filler set. I know I will never wash my hair in the tub, but the contractor says for cleaning I'll wish I had it. Is it worth the ~$200+ for this? Do those of you who have this use it, and vice versa, those of you who didn't get this wish you had? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hand shower in tub?

We are currently remodeling our master bath. After living without one for the last 14 years, I purchased a tub filler specifically because it includes a hand held sprayer.

o

VAD, I didn't even question the need for a hand-shower for my tub in our next BR. I actually do wash my hair if I'm having a bath...do you mean you would have a bath, and then get out and go have a shower to wash your hair? But, I wasn't even thinking of that (have never had the convenience of a hand shower, I just scoot down and rinse my whole head underwater...LOL), I was just thinking of leaning over and cleaning and rinsing out tub, particularly as it will be just a tub, so no wall (overhead) shower. Since I think it's one of those things that are near impossible to add later, yes it's worth the $200 extra. If for nothing else, for resale.

o

Thanks everyone. Yes, I take a bath to relax and then get in the shower to wash my hair and rinse off. One of those OCD things! I never feel clean in the bath, I like to have a shower afterwards! Thanks for your advice, I guess it's better to add it now then find out I wish I had later.

o

Sounds like you've decided, but I just realized the other day that we installed ours in 2008 and I have never once used it for cleaning the tub. I guess I forget its there! I spray and wipe the tub-- it is never that dirty that it needs a big scrubbing.

o

If you have a hand sprayer in the tub, you may not have to then get out to take the shower. I have been using my tub with hand sprayer for almost a year as our main bath is in the remodeling phase. I am a shower girl so the tub thing is somewhat of a hassle. Anyway, I too feel cleaner after a shower, but with the hand sprayer you can just rinse off after a soak. I also use it to clean the tub after every bath and before the next one. I also have a counter with plants near by, and use it to water these plants. So easy. I love the hand shower.

o

yes, just yes.....

o

I insisted on a tub sprayer. I must have a hand held sprayer in all showers and tubs. Without it, it is a major PITA to clean.

o

raehelen, I don't take many baths, but if I need to wash my hair in one, I also use the total immersion method. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here