Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flattening curled vinyl

Posted by lsimms (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 11:25

I've got a sheet vinyl floor in my bathroom. Because we used the soap dish above the sink while we were in the shower, the vinyl below curled up. I've searched high and low for the extra vinyl I have to no avail.

I've got a crazy idea. If I apply heat to the vinyl, could I flatten it? I've got a heated paint stripper tool which blows heated air...very heated. Thinking that maybe I can make the vinyl flexible by judicious application of heat.

Really don't want to replace this vinyl. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flattening curled vinyl

I would try a hair dryer before using that torch. To solve the cause of the problem, get a Command Hook for Wet Places and put a soap dish inside the shower.

A phone call to a local flooring shop might help you determine first if the type of vinyl you have can be softened and re glued or not.

Good luck! ;-)

-Babka

o
RE: Flattening curled vinyl

Thanks. I posted hastily, I guess. Appears that my crazy idea is the way to flatten vinyl. Haven't tried it yet and will post if successful or wah wah wah.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here