Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting my bathroom

Posted by Beth101 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 11:22

Hi! Need help. Looking for paint color to tone down the pink/peach tint in the rialto beige tile in shower and around the tub. The floor is a dark brown, cherry(dark) cabinets and a light granite top. Color now is sage green. Not working well with tile. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting my bathroom

Can you post some pictures? I imagine that would help immensely. Without seeing everything, I can't be certain this is a good suggestion, but in my kitchen we have peachy pink laminate counters (to be replaced when we do that remodel). I painted the walls a deep rich red and it really toned down the pink in the counters. Previously the walls were green and the opposite color emphasized the pinkness in the counters. Now that the red is so much more prominent in the walls, the pinkness of the counters visually fades. In fact, people who have been in our kitchen before have been surprised when we mentioned our pink counters in passing as they hadn't even realized they were pink. You wouldn't necessarily have to go with red, but green is almost certainly going to highlight any red/pink tones because it is the opposite color of red.

o

Something in the terra cotta tones would work to minimize the pink. Also check your lighting to make sure that it's not a contributor.

o

Thank you for the information. I will definitely post some pictures. Thanks for the quick reply.

o

I am still trying to pick my new bathroom tile but in my research I stumbled across this article that you may find helpful. It specifically suggests avoiding paints with blue or green tones.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Not Pink Bathroom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here