Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Valve and shower head placement neo-angle

Posted by palimpsest (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 11:08

Where are the optimal locations to place the valve and shower head in a neo angle shower of approximate 42x42 size?

I would like to offset the valve as recommended for easy access, but was wondering about the shower head. It will be a typical corner installation but one side may be enclosed with at least a pony wall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Valve and shower head placement neo-angle

The biggest problem with a neo angle is that no matter where you aim the head, the spray is always gonna hit the door pretty much dead on. So, you want it to spray away from the opening (the hinge side) rather than the handle side. So put the head on whichever wall works the best for that to happen logistically. If it's an outside wall, you may need to fur it out deeper though to get sufficient insulation in it. And I personally wouldn't do a frameless door with a neo angle, just because I think the framed ones conceal the gaskets better.

o
RE: Valve and shower head placement neo-angle

It's a 1963 house and I will probably use a framed shower enclosure. I want it to look sympathetic to the house, and not too slickly modern.

The house had one small bath and an adjacent powder room that was 30 x 60 and they made it a 3/4 by removing the linen closet and putting a stall shower there. The maximum depth is 78 inches.

The plan is to make the "larger" bath slightly smaller and the extremely small, cobbled 3/4 a bit larger and the Neo Angle seems to be the way to make it work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here