Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with Enduroshield

Posted by gardnr (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 11:04

Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the Enduroshield coating for a shower door? Does it really last without peeling or bubbling? Trying to decide if it is worth the $225 upcharge!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with Enduroshield

Just use Rain-X. It's a lot cheaper, and when it starts to wear off, you just clean the door and apply again.

o

the only advantage to using a factory applied coating is this type of product will seal the pores of the glass and not allow the iron, minerals etc to soak into the pourous surface of the glass and turn it milky over time. Rainex is really only designed to shed water and as live stated would need to be reapplied periodically. I have never heard of Enduroshield but I have sold both Shower Guard and Diamond Fusion.

o

My experience with the Enduroshield product was not good. I found that it lasted only about 4 weeks in my shower. I applied it to new glass, carefully following the directions, and even getting clarification from the company's staff in Australia on one particular instruction. When I finished the application, I was impressed with how good the glass looked; it was sparkling clean, flawless, and was very smooth to the touch.

I followed the Enduroshield instructions for cleaning, once per week with a mild detergent and microfiber cloth. The first two or three cleanings went well, the microfiber cleaning cloth glided smoothly over the glass and the buildup of water minerals on the glass came off easily. But after a few more cleanings I could tell the microfiber cleaning cloth was no longer gliding smoothly across the glass, it had noticeable drag as if the glass had become rough. The deposits no longer came off and the glass would not clean.

I contacted Enduroshield again with my problem but after waiting about 2 weeks for a reply, they have not responded.

o

I have enduroshield applied at the manufacturer. I have only been using the shower for a couple of weeks. Will have to see how it goes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here