Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardnr

Experience with Enduroshield

gardnr
12 years ago

Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the Enduroshield coating for a shower door? Does it really last without peeling or bubbling? Trying to decide if it is worth the $225 upcharge!

Comments (13)

• live_wire_oak
    12 years ago

Just use Rain-X. It's a lot cheaper, and when it starts to wear off, you just clean the door and apply again.

• millworkman
    12 years ago

the only advantage to using a factory applied coating is this type of product will seal the pores of the glass and not allow the iron, minerals etc to soak into the pourous surface of the glass and turn it milky over time. Rainex is really only designed to shed water and as live stated would need to be reapplied periodically. I have never heard of Enduroshield but I have sold both Shower Guard and Diamond Fusion.

• stephen02
    10 years ago

My experience with the Enduroshield product was not good. I found that it lasted only about 4 weeks in my shower. I applied it to new glass, carefully following the directions, and even getting clarification from the company's staff in Australia on one particular instruction. When I finished the application, I was impressed with how good the glass looked; it was sparkling clean, flawless, and was very smooth to the touch.

I followed the Enduroshield instructions for cleaning, once per week with a mild detergent and microfiber cloth. The first two or three cleanings went well, the microfiber cleaning cloth glided smoothly over the glass and the buildup of water minerals on the glass came off easily. But after a few more cleanings I could tell the microfiber cleaning cloth was no longer gliding smoothly across the glass, it had noticeable drag as if the glass had become rough. The deposits no longer came off and the glass would not clean.

I contacted Enduroshield again with my problem but after waiting about 2 weeks for a reply, they have not responded.

• sofla
    10 years ago

I have enduroshield applied at the manufacturer. I have only been using the shower for a couple of weeks. Will have to see how it goes.

• Brismum3
    9 years ago

We have it on our pool and friends have it on their shower screen. Both applications have failed and cleaning just reveals stains. Will never use it again!! They accused us of not cleaning it.

• barry1grace
    9 years ago

I have Enduroshield on my pool fence. 50 metres of glass fence coated on both sides by professionals at a cost of $1850. I was promised the glass would rarely need cleaning, may be a hose down now and again .... but the truth is a long way from that statement.

The Perth water has stained some of the panels and I am now told that Perth water is harsh and will stain ( not mentioned during the sales pitch ..). The 'professionals' have now walked away from my complaint telling me to take it up with Enduro under my warranty.

Cleaning that much glass was always going to be a chore, but now all I see is wasted money while I am cleaning!

Not happy ....

• grian1
    9 years ago

Had a new shower fitted which the supplier had coated with enduro shield. In Brisbane. Within one month it had water beading stains that I am unable to remove. They also accused me of not cleaning it properly ( am I supposed to video cleaning it? ) I cannot get it clean at all now. Tried everything. Permanently marked. The installer said they could do nothing. Saving up for a new shower. A frustrating waste of money!

• risforremodel
    9 years ago

Sofla, now that you have had Enduroshield for over a year, what do you think? Gardnr, did you get it for your glass?

• rossmariac
    8 years ago

I used Endure Shield on my glass pool fence, what a waste of time and money!! DO NOT recommend this product for outside pool glass fence. I was told by the company that I had used to much and to "wipe it off" or "wash it off".
    I've been wiping and washing off for months and the glass looks awful!! Streak no matter what i do. Don't recommend this for outside

• Edith Campins
    6 years ago

Waste of money. Followed the instructions to the letter. It simply did not work.

• PRO
    Home Trends Group Ltd
    last year

I owned a glass company for over 13 years. Started out with selling the Enduroshield and very soon stopped selling it as the product is useless. Would never recommend or use again. We switched to a few different products and tried them all but all had the same effect. Only one we really found to be the most successful was Diamond Fusion. It maintained that silky smooth finish for a lot longer.

• Veronica Callegari
    last year

Waste of money, company does not honor its warranty and product does not do what it states. I reached out to them about 6 month after installation of my new shower enclosure as I noticed spots which did not come off. Cleaned regularly with vinegar'/water solution as per instructions. Reached out to company and told to use CLR cleaner. Still didn't work. Reached out several more times and offered a kit which I would have to do myself. Then when I rejected the kit and asked they honor their warranty by sending someone to correct the issue, they said I didn't clean it as indicated therefore they didn't have to offer anything else. In other words the spots were due to lack of cleaning. I continued to insist this was a product issue as I cleaned my shower as directed. I was then advised I wasn't under warranty because I never registered my product as they didn't find me in their database. Strange as I have my certificate printed and on file. This company is a fraud. Do not waste your money. Rain X wold have done the same and cost significantly less.