Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
motherof3inct

Florida Tile and US Ceramics Subway Tile Quality

motherof3inct
11 years ago

We are planning to gut our master and hall bathrooms to the studs for a total renovation. I am in the process of finalizing my bathroom selections. I plan to use subway tile in both bathrooms. For the master, I am thinking of using Florida Tile Streamline 3x6 subway tile in Simply Gray. For the hall bath, I have selected US Ceramics 3x6 subway tile (or 4x10 tile if I'm daring) in Tender Gray.

Because we are tackling both renovations at the same time, our budget is tight. My local tile shop has quoted me $4 sq ft for the Florida Tile and $4.50 for the US Ceramics. I don't see the Florida Tile sold online at a discount, however, I believe the US Ceramics is sold at Home Depot for approx $2.60 sq ft. I prefer to us local businesses instead of box stores, but I need to take $ savings into consideration.

Is there an online source for Florida Tile?

Is the tile the same quality at Home Depot? My tile guy told me that the tile Home Depot sells are seconds that tile shops reject, but I'm not sure if he meant all tile or just specific lines.

Thanks!

Comments (2)