Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning shower doors

Posted by razmatazzy (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 9:51

For those of you who
have frameless shower doors with clear glass
What is your cleaning routine? Is it difficult to keep the glass clean?
Did you get the water repellent treatment on them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning shower doors

I squeegee after every shower. if you notice streaks forming, you can use dryer sheets. Yes, wet them and they will help clean the glass. If you get stubborn water marks, Magic Eraser works wonders!

No, I didn't get water repellent treatment.

o

I rinse down the door and walls after I shower and then squeegee (its fun and takes 30 seconds), DH does not. Once a week I spray the inside and outside of the door with a combo of water and rubbing alcohol and wipe with a microfiber cloth.

I will say I am soooo glad I got the clear instead of the textured. I was so worried about privacy but it has never been an issue.

o

Mine have some factory built-in water shielding material (can't remember name). We squeege after every shower. Once a week, sprayed with white vinegar/water mixture, left to dry, then polished with clean rag. Retailer said to NEVER use anything but white vinegar/water mixture to clean. Only potential problem is vinegar etching marble MBA. So far so good.

o

The easy way for me to clean the shower doors is to use Barkeepers Friend, use small damp cloth and sprinkle on a small amount of BF. Gently rub across the glass and wipe with damp clean cloth, then wash glass door with window cleaner.
HTH Sid aka Julie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here