Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master Shower/Tub Combo what do you think so far?

Posted by TFCwifey (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 9:31

We are in the process of finishing the tile work in the Master Shower/Tub area. I hope we like the finished product. What do you think so far?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master Shower/Tub Combo what do you think so far?

Is that drywall? Not cement board? With Redguard? (And some Hydroban?) Not going down under the tile? And you're not waterproofing the tub area?

o

The floor under the tub and shower has already been fiberglassed. The walls are cement board then the red stuff is waterproofing.

o

I think the big question is how you are handling the transition between the walls and floor in the shower area. The waterproofing has to go down the wall and over the pan for the proper drainage plane. How was the custom pan formed? And how did you handle the transition area?

o

Here is a picture of the fiberglass that was done. This picture is BEFORE we had to put in the platform for the tub. The plumber wanted us to put in the platform but neglected to tell us that from the start. We then re-fiberglassed the platform into the shower area.
Are you saying we should have fiberglassed the shower walls too??

o

My idea for this shower/tub combination came from this picture I found on the internet:

Here is the tub that I have purchased that will be put on the platform.

o

Here are more progress pics. It's coming along. Hopefully 2 more days.

o

I love the design and it looks great so far - hope you will keep posting progress pictures!

o

Here is the latest pix. What do you guys think. I was worried about the marble saddles but I think they ended up working really well in the space. The tub and plumbing fixtures should be getting put in the last week of March.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here