Please Show Me Your Tile In Bathroom/Shower

trudymom
17 years ago

I'm in need of ideas.

Thank you!

Comments (36)

• johnmari
    17 years ago

Here's mine - Daltile Rittenhouse Square in Matte Almond with "el cheapo" white rope-trim, Lenape corner shelves, and Mapei Almond grout.
    {{gwi:1394997}}
    And the shower floor, Daltile Keystones 2" in Almond with Spectralock Almond grout, Kerdi drain, and a crema marfil marble threshold:
    {{gwi:1394999}}

• housewitch
    17 years ago

I'll play.

Bath 1:

Bath 2:

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Between a ceramic thread and a stone thread, I've got probably a dozen or so in the gallery.

• annkathryn
    17 years ago

Here's mine - glass mosaics and glass pebbles.

{{gwi:1395004}}

• houseful
    17 years ago

I don't know how soon you need ideas, but I have a bunch of pictures on my camera from some model homes we went to see (and steal ideas from ;D). My Kodakeasyshare keeps locking up my computer. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, I'll try to get them posted as soon as I can - they are great pictures!

• trudymom
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all for your gorgeous posts.

houseful, I look forward to your model home pictures too when you can get them posted!

Thank you!!

• kvil
    17 years ago

Here's ours, sorry the pic is so big. Its tumbled travertine with metal accents

• laurmela
    17 years ago

This is the kids bath that we had to redo right in the middle of our kitchen redo! The pipes were leaking behind the original tile!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• pamghatten
    17 years ago

Don't mean to take over this post, but AnnKathryn ... where did you get the pebbles? Those are great! I'll be doing glass also, and I like that accent.

• zinfanatic
    17 years ago

Lauraella: Are those glass tiles in the stip in the shower? If so, who is the manufacturer and style, color?
    AnnKathryn- Also would like to know about your shower tile. Thanks

• Emily Peltz
    17 years ago

Here are some pics of ours. The first two are a walk-in shower in the master; the second is a tub surround in a jack and jill. We also have one that's white-on-white - let me know if you're interested in something like that, and I'll take a better pic.

Emily

• annkathryn
    17 years ago

I bought the glass mosaic and pebbles from Home Depot Expo, manufacturer is Pacilantic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pacilantic Tiles

• maggiepie11
    17 years ago

annkathryn--do you mind my asking roughly how much the pebble tile costs at home depot? i haven't seen it in my local store, but i'm going to ask them about special orders. Love it!

also--erosenst, what brand and color tile is that in your first shower? it looks gray and pinky/brown? that's beautiful! just what we're looking for!

great showers everyone!

• houseful
    17 years ago

KVIL, I love the shower! Can't wait to see the rest :)

Trudymom, here are some pictures I promised. I will try to post more, but it might not be for a week or so. How much time before you have to decide?

Here is a link that might be useful: Model homes

• houseful
    17 years ago

These are pics of my bath.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bath

• houseful
    17 years ago

Another of ours

Here is a link that might be useful: bath

• annkathryn
    17 years ago

maggiepie I think the 1x1 tiles were about $22/square foot, with the pebbles a bit more, maybe $30. Fortunately I didn't need a lot of the pebbles. I tried to find them sold online because Expo isn't known for their low prices, but couldn't find them anywhere else.

Ann

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Housewitch...I am really pleased you posted your pics. Have been trying to decide on a white shade vs terra cotta tile. Have a small bath with white tub, etc. You have made my decision for me...going with the terra. Are there more pics of your bath? I also like the ceiling trim and "color".

Thanks if you can post a couple more.

• trudymom
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, all of your pictures are so gorgeous.
    Housful, I'm just getting bids now, so I have some time still.

Thank you!!!

• housewitch
    17 years ago

Glad you liked it, emagineer. :-) Sorry I don't have any more pictures of the bathroom with the tub on this computer.

We have a very simple nautical theme in that bath that appeals to my 6-year-old son. I chose the tile because it's basically a very warm sandy color (not quite as red as the pic makes it seem on my monitor). The tub surround tile continues onto the floor. The wall color is a light sand color pulled from the lighter shade in the tiles. The blue ceiling is the wall color from the adjoining bedroom, and ties in with the blue granite counter top. The tub, sink, toilet, cabinets and trim are all white.

The black & white bathroom also has white fixtures, but yellow walls, a red ceiling (matches the towels and the adjoining bedroom's wall color) and black cabinets.

• houseful
    17 years ago

Here's another site. Just click on the product to the left and it will bring up pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vallagio

• kvil
    17 years ago

houseful - thank you, we are very happy with the way everything has turned out. Its pretty much finished except for the countertop. We are doing concrete & it has taken a little longer than we anticipated. We put what we hope is the final layer of slurry on to fill the holes. The clock is ticking because our final inspection has to be done by Mar 18th.

I love your bathroom too, is it finished?

• organic_donna
    17 years ago

erosenst,
    I love the tiles in the first picture. Did you say you had more pictures. How did you decide on the pattern?
    Donna

• houseful
    17 years ago

KVIL, In our county, if you call for an inspection, you automatically get 180 more days before you have to call for the next one. So sometimes I would call even tho we weren't ready. If we failed, we still got the extension. Funny thing is, we never failed. They are much more lenient with homeowners than with builders.

We are basically finished now. Sconces are hung and I found window treatments. I don't have the room painted. It's only primed. I just can't decide on a color. My DH travels and I was hoping to get curtain rods and paint ready and then do it while he's gone so he can be surprised! :)

• kvil
    17 years ago

houseful - our inspector has been really helpful as well. The last time we called was because we were close to the end of 180 days, but we didn't have anything to inspect so he called it a "progress inspection", but they don't like it if you call for an inspection with nothing to inspect. Except now we are close to the end of our next 180 days again. Can you tell DH was not real interested in working on the countertop. Since we are done with everything except that we need to get moving. By the time the countertop is in, everything else in their will be old & I will want to start over :)

• donaburd
    17 years ago

Beautiful baths shown here, love them all. Thought I would post mine as it's another option. I don't know how to post picture, pls see bath remodel link. Hope this works

Here is a link that might be useful: Bath Remodel

• houseful
    17 years ago

Very nice, Donaburd! :)

LOL, Kvil! If your DH is like me, he may work better under pressure. :)

• kvil
    17 years ago

donaburd - what a transformation, your bathroom is gorgeous! I love the paint color.

houseful - hopefully a looming deadline will "inspire" him

• laurmela
    17 years ago

zinfantic,

I bought the tiles at Lowes and yes they are glass. This was back in 2005, and I haven't seen them there lately. I will have to go back and see if I can find my records, not sure the manf or color.

Sorry! :(

• wagggie
    17 years ago

Hopefully this works. I have two baths we just finished. The master is Daltile Brancacci with the resin chair rail and floral listello Fastfloors.com had this for 1/2 the price as special order from home depot. You have to call them though after you get your order set up to fix any shipping issues (they do each type of tile as a seperate order so shipping looks much worse than it really is until you call them).

The other is our kids bath with 4 1/4" plain white tile and 2" cobalt blue glass from mirage tile. Note that the glass tile is thicker so you will have to put down more thinset behind the remaining tile and the grout joints around the glass will be larger due to difference in tile sizes.

Here is a link that might be useful: fastfloors

• trudymom
    Original Author
    17 years ago

really gorgeous, waggie. Thanks!

• hamster
    17 years ago

housewitch..a couple of questions on "Bath #1":
    what is the size of your shower?
    does it have a "bench"?
    do you like (what appears to be) the curtain concept that opens to the partial wall.
    Basically, would you recommend it?
    I was thinking of this type of set up to replace a tub/shower surround.

• hjw418
    17 years ago

Waggie
    Your bathroom is beautiful We are about to finally pick a tile and liked the Brancaccio too. Is your tile the ivory?

• patrice607
    17 years ago

Waggie -

I love your shower tile. Very nice design. How big is it?
    My shower is 30 x 60 and I am considering doing a similar tile. Do you have more pics? What color is your vanity?

• patrice607
    17 years ago

Donnaburd -

Beautiful tile! What is it?

• coffeebreak
    16 years ago

Just trying to bump this great thread up the list. I would love to see more!