Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maddybeagle

Help me find this vintage-style tub

maddybeagle
11 years ago

Dear Bathroomers,

Does anybody have any leads on where to find this style of tub at a reasonable price? Waterworks has a version (see link) for $9500, which is NOT a reasonable price! I'm guessing my best bet will be to look for one at a salvage place and have it refinished, but if anyone knows of a source for a new one in similar style, I'd be grateful for the lead. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterworks Empire Corner Rectangular Composite Bathtub

Comments (10)

• maddybeagle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you!!

• lisaj1354
    11 years ago

I love that tub. But even at $2900 its too pricey for me. Is there a less expensive one that you might know of?

• pentimento
    11 years ago

You might like the Cypress acrylic corner bathtub found at ttp://deabath.com/index.html. If you click on the picture at the site you can see the tub specifications, with cross sections and dimensions. The Cypress tub is new for this year so there likely won't be many (or any) reviews of this particular tub out there. However, the specifications include Strom Plumbing by Sign of the Crab at the top of the pdf page, so you might be able to find reviews related to the manufacturer if you use those for search words. The price is $2250 but that includes the drain, so that puts the cost of the tub itself lower. Nice to take into consideration when doing comparisons with other tubs.

DEA Bath has been in the business for a long time and is a reputable company. I bought a sink from them and had a good experience throughout. They ship all around the country; the charge is dependent on location and distance.

In case you decide to get a vintage one they carry those, too, in the style youâÂÂre looking for. Check out the hard to fine colored fixtures section under the original antiques tab and they have a tub, sink and toilet set that's in relatively good shape. Also go to the antique tubs section under the original antiques tab to see the white tubs they currently have. Their vintage inventory is always changing, so if they don't have what you're looking for now they may get it in later.

Here is a link that might be useful: DEA Bath

• maddybeagle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pentimento, thanks for reminding me of Sign of the Crab! I'd been trying to summon up their name, since I last bought from them back in the pre-internet age when I needed new hardware for an old clawfoot tub, two houses ago. And it's good to know about DEA and have a sense of what they charge for the true-vintage tubs.

• Rowdynator
    11 years ago

I had wanted the Waterworks Empire tub for the same application you describe but almost $10K made no sense. We decided on an Americh Bow 6632 tub only version (they also have a 5' version 6032). I was hesitant about acrylic, but after watching the contractors team take out and remove the 600+ pound cast iron tub from the second story I am glad I made the choice. We have a historic 1920s Spanish-style home so I do try to keep things in character with the house. I am attaching a link and you know that the prices are list and I purchased my tub with a significant discount through the contractor. Hope this is helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Americh Bow 6632

• maddybeagle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Rowdynator!

• pentimento
    10 years ago

Edited to remove a note to alexcruse requesting that he not post his spam here. Since Alex's spam has been removed, presumably by gw admin, I'm deleting my note to him.

This post was edited by pentimento on Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 16:02

• Kathleen Magyar-Lutte
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I have an antique tub that I am getting ready to remove. Light yellow in color,very good condition. It is original to my home which was built in 1930s. 58”L,29” W, 14” H. Cast iron.

• Tricia Watt
    3 years ago

Kathleen, I suppose you have parted company with that light yellow tub by now (December 11, 2020).