Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which color Kohler?

Posted by mdp0430 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 9:14

We're going to purchase a Kohler Mendota soaker. I thought everyone just chose White, which coincidentally also appears to be the cheapest. But there are similar off-whites, such as "ice gray," "almond," and "biscuit." We've decided to just do a basic white subway tile in the alcove.

Are there any advantages to choosing any other color than white? Will the white tub appear dirtier than the other colors?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which color Kohler?

We have used Kohler Biscuit (and Toto's matching Sedona Beige) because White is too cool/stark in our bathrooms. Biscuit is a creamy off-white that is not as dark as almond. It has a warmer look and many (probably most!) people do prefer the crisp look of true white. It really depends on the look you're going for and the color of the tile and other elements that you'll have in the room. With so many shades of white out there, I wouldn't commit to the tub color until you've chosen your tile.

This post was edited by treasuretheday on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 18:22

o
RE: Which color Kohler?

If you're doing a true white subway tile you should do a white tub, IMO. I think the contrast between the tub and any other color would make the tub look dirty. I don't think there is any advantage to the other colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here