Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazedandconfused

kitchensource.com feedback

crazedandconfused
10 years ago

Hi all,

We're considering ordering a bathroom vanity from kitchensource.com (because we can't find it anywhere else) but don't have any experience dealing with them. Seeing as we trust the opinions here more than random web reviews, we were hoping for some garden web feedback.

Anything good or bad to say? Thank you in advance!

Comments (17)

• kudzu9
    10 years ago

I haven't dealt with kitchensource.com, but a Google search seemed to indicate to me that they are legitimate, have good ratings, and have few complaints. Below is a link to their ratings on Bizrate.com, which seem to be highly positive.

One other suggestion: if you post the link to what you are looking for, some of us may know of additional sources, and that way you can at least compare prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bizrate: Kitchensource

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I have ordered quite a few kitchen "parts" (cabinet pull-outs, that kind of thing). They're definitely legitimate. I would recommend knowing exactly what you need and want however, because the "chat" people are helpful to a point, but not enough (for example, I ordered a pull-out that required two clamps, but no one bothered to point that out - I ordered only one and then had to wait for the second). But service is good and everything is shipped very promptly. Also, customer service is very good if there's ever a problem.

• crazedandconfused
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Great, that's very good to know. I've heard of them, but I've never dealt with them before. It's for a $1000 vanity so was looking for some reassurance first!

Thank you!

• Judy Brazong
    6 years ago

All I can say is Make VERY sure that this IS the item you want. We purchased a medicine chest from Kitchen Source. When it arrived we found that the color was absolutely wrong for our bathroom, so we tried to exchange it.....

Apparently they buy on consignment and the price for the correct color cabinet cost us another $25 because the manufacturer had an increase. If we didn't repurchase we would have been charged a 15% restocking fee Plus shipping.

We do not have to pay for restocking but Do have to pay for shipping, that is when they finally send us a RMA. It has been 2 weeks trying to get that number so we may return the merchandise and get some money back.

• kudzu9
    6 years ago

Judy-

Good to know...but probably not helpful to the person who posted this over 4 years ago ;-)

• Jen Ward
    5 years ago

DO NOT order from Kitchen Source. It's a company first and customer never type of company. They advertised a vanity at a certain price, sold that vanity to me and shipped a similar product but was not what the images showed on their website. The vanity is now $1000 more and the best the company could offer me was 10% to get the product I ordered. They had the nerve to say 10% is the best they could do because of all the shipping and restocking fees that had to pay. I don't care what you have to pay. You made the mistake. You falsely advertised and sold me a product. Go elsewhere, odds are you will get the wrong product and they will do nothing to make it right.

• Judy Brazong
    5 years ago

Apparently Kitchen Source has no inventory. The drop ship from suppliers. If there is any issue, the consumer is charged with shipping and restocking fees. Any credit due is only given back when they finally receive it from their supplier.

• dausherman
    5 years ago

I will never deal with this company again. The "Easy Returns" on their banner is completely false. As noted in the previous post everything is drop-shipped and I experienced the shipping fees (not only did I have to pay retail shipping to return, but their "Free Shipping" was charged back to me!). It also took several weeks for the credit return. When I got the notice the refund was short by nearly $100. When I called they said I had not returned everything. I had. A week later I was given the additional refund, but not telling if it was only the result of t follow-up calls.

• Daniella
    4 years ago

This is my second perchase from this company. I was happy with my first boos block purchase. I decided to purchase another larger boos block and after it was delivered, I receive an email saying that if I couldn't open the package (as it was being delivered at the bottom of my driveway), to write "damaged" where I signed in case there was damage. After opening the box, I noticed a fairly large gash, approx. 1 inch x 5 inches on the under side of the block. This block was to be used on top of my countertop and potentially flipped at some point. Boos is telling Kitchensource that this block in nonreversible and to expect these imperfections on the underside. I want others to know what they might get as I'm stuck with this $600 block. Customer service said I'd have to ship it back on my own and after talking to the shipper, they want $565 to ship it back as it's 185lbs. I would have been happy with a discount as I consider this as a 'second' and they wouldn't even offer that. I guess I'm stuck with it now.

• angelawlaw
    4 years ago

run and do not look back

• angelawlaw
    4 years ago

bought a $100 oven vent liner and returned b/c of "hassle free returns." Yeah, right. By the time I paid for their returned shipping and the restocking fee I only got about $15 back. To ship back was $54 because they required FedEx, then they took their "restock" scam fee.

• artistsharonva
    4 years ago

I would never buy a vanity online. If you're looking for something to last. There's too much junk material out there. Things can go wrong with shipping. Returning would be a headache. Suggest buying local. Visit some local kitchen & bath cabinet companies & inspect the quality of the vanities in person. They often are priced well & come assembled,too.

• HU-859203380
    3 years ago

DO NOT buy ANYTHING from this company. Fair warning! I purchased a medicine cabinet because it was the dimension I needed for the rough opening.

when it arrived the instructions advised that it was “offset” and the my rough opening would have to be moved in order to center it.

due to the presence of tile moving the ope was not an option.

I called to return it and although the agent agreed that was deceptive she would have to wait for the manufacturer to issue credit to kitchen source before they would issue credit to me.

i told her that I purchased from - and was invoiced by - kitchen source.

I shipped the item back at MY expense per the return authorization and show via tracking that it was received by the manufacturer yet they say they are ”trying to locate it” And cannot issue credit until it is found and free of damage.

DO NOT buy from this company!

• Valerie Brown
    3 years ago

Do not buy from this company!! Item came damaged and so far its delivery was a mess and now trying to get damaged item picked up is impossible. No one responds and so far 2 scheduled pickups and the truck company never showed up. Company will not refund money until picked up. Well how is this supposed to happen when no one shows up. I have to take time from work and no calls no show. PLEASE buy from somewhere else! Horrible service!!

• Ariel Nichols
    2 years ago

Their customer service is poor.

• Sonja Licata
    2 years ago

Would not recomend. Paid extra for a 7 foot "Edge grain" walnut slab. Arrived damaged and is NOT edge grain. Waited sooo long to recieve it, I just couldnt handle the whole process of waiting again for the slab I ordered. I think they know people just give up, so they dont bother doing things right the first time around. Would never order from them again.