Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bathroom floorplan help

Posted by localeater (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 8:57

I have an unusual problem. My second full bath, which my sons use, is too big. It is laughable. When my NYC apartment based brother saw it, his response was, "If you hang a disco ball it could be an afterhours club."
What my house needs is a linen closet. The bathroom only has one window and I insist that it remain. I would prefer not to move the toilet, it would be great if the tub could also stay in place because my understanding is moving them is more expensive than moving the sink. Currently the vanity is on the 71 1/2 wall near the window.
How would you reconfigure this space?
From GW Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bathroom floorplan help

Well, if you don't want to move anything...

I'd put a shallow linen cabinet in the 55" section of the window wall (maybe a 36" one, or whatever seems comfortable when you mock it up)

And I'd probably put another one on the 115" wall, maybe larger.

That is, if you don't want to move the toilet, tub, or window.

However, if you don't want to move the toilet, or tub plumbing, but are open to changing them out and the expenses to do so...

I'd turn them each 90*--toilet facing the tub. Tub now along the long wall.
Then, a larger linen cabinet in that 55" area that also privatizes the toilet. And, another at the end of the new tub, near the door...

o

What about just moving the vanity and adding some walls. Something like this, though for some reason I'm having a hard time figuring out the scale right. I need to get off the Internet and rest my eyes, lol!

Blue stuff is a privacy curtain and towel rack/hooks.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Oh, I like that. I can't wait to show my husband.

o

I didn't think if the privacy curtain, but my suggestion was going to be along the same lines -- use that big open space. If you don't need that large a space for linens, you could create some bookshelves, a pair of closets (one ofr linens and one for other stuff), or possibly a desk area and a linen closet. Makes a lot more sense for a family with kids.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here