Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark floor in small bathroom wrong??

Posted by texanniew (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 8:35

Our master bath is tiny and right off the master bedroom. It's literally a corner shower, toilet and vanity. The vanity is relatively new, all white with white marble top. The shower is all white tile. The walls are all sheet rock so can be painted any color.
we are replacing the floor. i don't really want to go with white. I am really leaning towards a dark brown porcelain tile. whatever tile i use will covered up for the most part by a bath rug. i figure i can paint the walls whatever color blends with the bedroom. will the dark floors close it up? look wrong?
http://www.crossvilleinc.com/products/porcelain_stone/color_blox_ec/e1116-caboose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark floor in small bathroom wrong??

I like the idea of a dark floor. It probably should have a little tonal variation so that it hides lint, etc. I think dark floors ground a room.

o

We did a dark floor in our tiny MB and it looks really great! Doesn't make room look small, in fact, it makes a nice impact (IMHO).

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I have a powder room with dark gray/silver/charcoal/black Ostrich Gray Slate floors, white fixtures, white trim, white walls. I absolutely love the look. Personally, I'd probably keep the walls a lighter color, but white is certainly not a necessity. I think you'll be fine with dark floors.

o

I did a dark floor in two tiny bathrooms and I love it.

o

We have dark wood (!) in one bathroom and black hexagonal tile in the other. Both teeny tiny BR's. Looks great. You'll be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here