Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master Bath Layout

Posted by sirraf69 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 8:31

Sorry everyone. I couldn't find my original post. I went through so many designs and I have one final one for opinions/suggestions. This one has a 12'6"X6'6" closet(minus linen closet on lower left corner), 6'8"X3'6" toilet room, 5'6"X3'6" shower, 5' pedestal tub, 6' double bowl vanity and linen cabinet. There is 41" of room between vanity and shower/toilet room.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master Bath Layout

I forget what your previous last design was too. But, if I remember correctly (having just said I forgot...LOL), you had more counter space in your last version. For me, that seems that very little actual counter space for such a large BR. You will basically have two X 3foot vanities. In our Master BR which is tiny, I just replaced the old 36" vanity with a 40" all drawers. I know it doesn't seem like much, but by going to a kitchen height, kitchen depth counter and adding those 4", I will be doubling my useable counter space. Is your tub going to be free-standing? Is there any reason you are not extending your counter/vanity to go right up to edge of tub?

Is that long wall of your shower going to be all glass?

o

It is actually the same size vanity as the last layout. They just look different in this one. We had a 6' vanity in our last house and it seemed to have plenty of counter space for us. The tub will be freestanding and we may could make the vanity a little longer. We would have a pony/knee wall on the shower.

o

How wide is your linen cabinet? Ours is 18" wide and has more than enough space inside for towels, washcloths, toiletries, etc. I would maybe reduce the linen cabinet size a little and add more counter space.

The only other issue I see is the inswing door on the toilet room--for safety reasons it needs to be an outswing.

From what I can see of the other bathroom that backs up to the master closet, it looks a little tight. Can you pull a few more inches from the hallway? In a small bathroom its amazing the difference a few inches makes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here