Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
salishsong

Please help with tile plan!

salishsong
12 years ago

We need to tile our two shower/bath alcoves, on a tight budget. One tub is 5', the other 6', both will be tiled from the tub up to the ceiling, and both have a 2x4'2 window on the long wall. We started the tile search months ago wanting a handmade tile...gave that up due to price. Our house style is loosely early art deco -- not elaborate, but gently period style. So we want strong colors in the bath tiles to echo colorful baths of the 20's/30's.

We finally decided that Dal tile is going to be fine, picked a color we liked - aqua glow - then yesterday I discovered that this color has been discontinued. I can, however, still get plenty of 4x4's. My dilemma is that there are no other pieces available, so we can't finish edges/corners in the quarter rounds etc. as we'd anticipated.

Would it work to edge these areas in white (the floor is white octagon & dot), with white surrounding and edging the window? Can I add a black liner...or two...for contrast, and if I do, should there be other black tile somewhere as well? Something like in the link at the bottom.

Any thoughts? I feel like we're close, but never quite there!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1394760}}

Comments (2)