Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to put the tub spout on Jacuzzi Mio?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 8:17

Putting it front and center might make it hard to get in and out of, and my builder suggests that putting it on the short end might not be good since the sides of the tub slope down at an angle toward the floor of the tub. Putting it at a corner has also been brought up. Which is best? Also, we don't have a faucet for it yet and are open to anything that looks vintage or antique or goes with Kohler Bancroft.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to put the tub spout on Jacuzzi Mio?

Hi threeapples--You're getting so close to finishing, I bet you can't wait!! On the topic of the tub and faucet placement, yes it's true that putting the faucet centered on the long side will make it difficult to get in and out of the tub. As you're going to be in this house for a good long time, and maneuverability decreases as we age I would definitely recommend placing it elsewhere. If you place it centered on the short end, it will be difficult to have 2 people in the bath at once as one would likely be hitting the back of their head on the spout (I know I'd be planning for 2 people in there at one time with a gorgeous tub like that!) Placing it on the angle is your best bet IMO--out of the way for entry and exit, allows 2 person bathing and when placed on the near side, allows easy access to the controls from outside the tub for easier filling. Here's a pic of ours--we opted for the angle position for the same reasons as listed above:
MasterBath1 photo MasterBath1-1.jpg

Hope this helps!

o
RE: Where to put the tub spout on Jacuzzi Mio?

Thank you for the sound advice and beautiful photo, mydreamhome. Your bathroom looks fantastic!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here