Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basco Shower Doors - Anyone?

Posted by divastyle (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 7:37

Hi!

Are you familiar with Basco Shower Enclosures/Doors? What are your thoughts?

My budget is miniscule - $500-600 for the door and installation. So, I pretty much think this is it.

I want a semi-frameless sliding door to fit a 41" by 65" shower enclosure.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basco Shower Doors - Anyone?

Not certain of the quality of the Basco doors but if that is your budget and they fit that budget anything else in the same price range I am pretty sure will be of similar quality.

o

I have two sets of Basco shower doors. One set is almost 30 years old - sliders on a tub/shower combo; the other almost 16 years old - swing-out on a shower with stationary side panels. They are excellent doors.

Will be replacing the 30 year old set soon when I do a total bath remodel; they are still in good shape, with minimal etching on the glass and stainless frames from well water.

The newer set (16 years old) looks as good as the day they were installed.

I will replace the old set with Basco. You can get a good set for $600 if you stay with a stainless frames and a fairly basic glass. I priced ORB frames and a rain-wash type glass which raised the price significantly - can't remember what it was.

I was shopping at a bathroom fixture gallery. You may find them cheaper - not sure if the "big box" stores carry Basco.

Tuesday

Tuesday

o

Hi Tuesday! Thanks for the info. I couldn't find a review online and wanted to try here for information.

I believe you can special order at a big box store. I will go through a local plumbing supply store or order online. I think I want to upgrade to the stain/water spot resistant (?) glass.

o

I just did a distributor search on the Basco site and they are mostly sold in bathroom and plumbing supply shops, but Lowe's is also a distributor. Do your homework at the bathroom store before going to Lowes - make sure you are comparing apples to apples. That is what I plan to do.

o

Definately try a plumbing supplier and sometimes they can recomend factory trained installers for your installation or search google for bathroom contractors in your area :)

Todd Stull
Enola, PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here