Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frankginakay

Clawfoot tub, which one

frankginakay
11 years ago

We are just starting our bathroom renovation. Yesterday was demo day, and today we have to order all the fixtures, tub, etc.
Which tub do you like the best. My husband thinks the one with the higher end looks "sexy". LOL
Thanks!

Comments (17)

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is the second one we are considering.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

I have a double slipper and I love it! The sloped end is quite comfortable. So I would recommend your first photo. I also like the corner placement of the feet on the slipper tubs.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Here is my tub. Ignore the blue tape on the floor ~marble scratches from the plumber dragging it across the floor.

Have you thought about plumbing placement?

This post was edited by sparklebread on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 8:28

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for the photo and reply! I love your tub~
    My plumbing placement will be in the back just like yours is.
    I appreciate the reminder to be cautious of dragging the tub across the floor.
    Today, I am trying to find the perfect shower band, as the contractor wants it NOW. I would love something very simple, with my niches on the inside where you can't see them. Any ideas on that?

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Is a shower band a mosaic? Can't help with that, sorry. I did a 5x3 mosaic and the rest of the shower is white subways.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Bathroom is not yet finished, but here is a decent shot of the shower. Can't get in there now for better pic as they are measuring for shower glass.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Ooh, your tile is beautiful, sparklebread. I like the first tub, too. It looks much more suitable for lolling.

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Which one do you like best? If you husband really likes the "sexy" one (and it's great to have a husband excited about a tub IMO), then that's probably the one you should get. Personally, I like the look of the flat one better because it looks more symmetrical to me. I also really like sparklebread's because it's symmetrical, but does have more of the sex appeal. (Is it weird that I too find these tubs sexy?) But I'd say get what you both like and what you both find comfortable.

On a side note, what size is your shower, sparklebread? I'd seriously like to consider using a pony wall like you have in your shower, but I'm worried my shower is too small.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Ginakay- please let us know what you selected! I hope you don't mind if I answer the questions above.

Writersblock- Thank you! I cannot take credit for that "find". I actually borrowed the mosaic from Beekeeperswife's bathroom.

Pricklypearcactus- the finished shower length is 5'6" long. I remember some discussion about shower door sizes and the pony wall, but that went right over my head, sorry.

• pbx2_gw
    11 years ago

If you are still asking for opinions OP - how about a balance solution between double slipper & tradional flat: Bateau tub.

That's what we are getting in less than a month for our new build.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

I really like PBX2's tub! Just enough curve and nice feet. Pretty tub.

• Karenseb
    11 years ago

I like PbX2's tub also. A very nice compromise.

Sparklehead, could you tell me how deep your sink vanity, drawer cabinets and linen cabinets are. They are very pretty and have given me another idea for my daughter's bathroom layout. Also, what is the total length of the cabinets

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love PbX2"s tub that she will be getting! I decided to go with the "sexy" tub for my husband. We have deleted a lot of his choices, so this may be a good one to keep.
    The next selection is a very pure Travertine for the whole house. I haven't liked the ones with too much movement, and that may be a real problem. We may end up going with a nice Porcelain. We need 1,500 sq feet, and we do have a budget....lol
    Sparklebread, I love your bathroom, it is going to be gorgeous!
    Thanks all for replying. Another day, another decision~

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Gina, keep us posted!

Karen- email me at aboxofcrayons@cox.net and I will give you all the info you would like.

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Things are moving right along. I have picked out all my faucets for vanity and shower. We decided to put in a Moen Rain Shower and then shower head with bar and hose. Sure hope that all works! Funny how we have been living with a $35 dollar shower head from Costco and now we are buying such expensive stuff. Not sure why we feel like we need this. LOL
    I picked out the lighting yesterday and a beautiful fan to install in bath. That was the easy part~~
    Girls, keep me posted on where you are in your remodel.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Gina- My husband basically told me we are doing this one time so get what I want because he has no plans to revisit the bathroom situation.

Little does he know I have a secret plan to downsize into a small cape in the historic area of town and do this all again~ in a few years when our older children are settled. Good thing he lives by the motto "Happy Wife, Happy Life"!

• Kathy Harrington
    11 years ago

PBX2 Who makes your tub and where did you get it. I love it!