Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
will I need grout haze remover

Posted by mabeldingeldine (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 0:38

My tile shower surround is going in Monday. Will I need grout haze remover? I'm planning to use Laticrete Spectralock grout.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: will I need grout haze remover

My tile setter used windex. Porcelain tile though, not on natural stone.

o

The container tells you what to use. I think it is a diluted vinegar. Our installer carefully followed the directions on the package and it was the neatest, best, easiest install that he did for us. He used two other types of grout in different installations and they were both messier and had haze to deal with. But not the Laticrete Spectralock. If I ever have anything grouted again that is what will get used.

o

Thanks, mic, that is great news! We are taking a break from ripping out the old tile right now. So. Satisfying!

o

What kind of tile are you putting in? I put ceramic in and had no problem with a haze, following the cleaning instructions. I have a marble strip (listello) and slate floor that I used spectralock on as well. With both, I used a stone sealer first, being careful not to get the sealer into the grout spaces. The sealer is supposed to act like a grout release. I had no haze on either of these stones, following the instructions in cleaning, that spectralock provides.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here