Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arghhhh

About how much would a slab vanity like this cost?

argh
10 years ago

Link below. 30" is the max length. Other materials besides Caesarstone are welcome.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1394061}}

This post was edited by argh on Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 0:18

Comments (9)

• enduring
    10 years ago

I found their website, looks like they are in NZ or somewhere. There is a nice brochure illustrating all their sinks. There are 3 US distributors, Hydrology in Chicago, another place in Dallas, TX and one in San Fransico, I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Omovivo

• lotteryticket
    10 years ago

That is pretty cool On ebay it is listed at about $3,600.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay link

• spoofmailer
    10 years ago

The omvivo washplanes are outrageously expensive. They come from Australia and there are only three distributors in the US. if one of the distributors happens to have what you want in stock you may get an ok price. However, if not in stock they will have to order from AUS and they pass the shipping cost on to you. I was quoted up to $1500.00 USD, and no that is NOT a typo, for shipping from AUS. Also there is a pretty long lead time if they ship from AUS.

The link to the unit on ebay is about 40 to 50% off what it would cost typically.

If 30" is your max size. Then you will have to get an 800 mm model which will be a single sink and will measure 31.25" wide, that is their smallest unit. Depending on what is in stock and what material you want I would imagine it would cost somewhere between $3500 and 5500 USD, which is extremely expensive. That would include the sink and alll the mounting material for the in-wall drain pan. Keep in mind with the 800 mm sink you will likely need a custom faucet as well since it requires a 150 mm spout reach length so add another grand or so and 10-16 weeks lead time for that.

These are the lessons i learned the hard way AFTER my wife fell in love with the omvivo washplane.

I would strongly encourage you to find a different solution which could be far more cost effective. The cost of the installed omvivo sink and facuet will likely be quadruple the cost of an alternative solution.

• argh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I knew it was expensive based alone on the rarity of this type of sink, but ouch.. doesn't look any better than that though!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

"It is better to look mahvelous than to feel mahvelous."

• DreamingoftheUP
    10 years ago

I had to check out Hydrology, seeing that it's in my home town. No prices on their web page - I guess if you have to ask you can't afford it. :-) This is listed under their showers page. What is it?

• frenchmadeline
    10 years ago

I guess it's just me. But that is a pretty dismal looking space, and I would never have it in my home. Actually it reminds me of a prison cell. Just sayin.

• kudzu9
    10 years ago

I think it's esthetically beautiful...and I would be highly concerned about how much splashing on the floor this produces. In addition, since it has little depth it would not be useful for the times when you want to have some water to let something soak, etc.