Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you like your vessel sink?

Posted by joaniepoanie (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 0:06

We just finished a kitchen remodel and there is enough granite left over for a vanity top in the adjacent powder room. We are thinking of a floating vanity roughly 18" wide and 18" depth (not sure how high it should be). There aren't too many undermount sinks small enough, so am thinking a vessel sink might be better. How do you like yours? Also, any suggestions on sizes/brands that would fit (including undermount) ewould be appreciated....thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you like your vessel sink?

I love ours (it sits on top of the counter). My recommendation is to make sure it's plenty deep and wide to contain any splashing. If you're doing a vessel that sits on top of the counter, then you will want the top of the counter height to be about 30" from the floor. Any higher and it can be challenging for anyone less than 5'8" tall (give or take and inch) to use the sink. Hope this helps!

o
RE: Do you like your vessel sink?

We love ours too....just updated the master with two 20x20 square vessels, two 16x16 in the guest bath and a smaller round glass one in the powder room. I am on the shorter side and don't have any issues using the sinks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here