Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TOTO Neorest Does not flush

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 0:01

Hi all!
i was searching the web but could not find the answer.

We just installed toto nearest in our house. Looks great but it does not flush properly. The water runs and all but it does not actually flush. We also installed regular TOTOs in other bathrooms and they all work fine.

What do you think could be a problem?

thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TOTO Neorest Does not flush

Explain what you mean by does not flush properly. Does the water enter the bowl com the tank? Does it appear that any water goes down the drain? You can also call Toto. I have found them very helpful in the past. Which Neorest model do you have?
Homepro01

o

we have neorest 500.
the water enters the bowl from the tank and i guess it does go down the drain because it does not overflow. Lets say if you pee in the toilet and throw in some paper…And press flush…Water will become clear but the paper will stay in the bowl…So it seems like there is not enough suction(?) or whatever it is called…

I'll make a video later

o

My wife wanted a toilet other than a Toto, so we bought it and I installed it. It is a nice looking toilet, for a toilet. It is an elongated bowl and I frequently find toilet paper on the front of the bowl, just above the water line. I've mentioned to the boss that perhaps she should drop the paper in the water spot so it can flush properly. As it is now it may take a few flushes to get the tp into the water. Every time the paper is in the water it flushes properly. Target practice!

o

the paper is in the water…but it just floats there and does not flush down the drain…

o

Does the 500 have the unifit adapter? Do you know if the unifit adapter was installed?

o

I don't know, I'll ask my plumber....

o

Finally, my plumber showed up! there was some problem with filter being clogged (took him 2 weeks to figure out LOL)…So the flush is now working YEY!

BUT the wand thingy (the cleaning spray) does not work….It slides out, clicks, and slides back in….no water…My 3 year old was very disappointed :))))

o

Does the spray only work if someone is sitting on the seat? This toilet is too expensive to not have all functions functioning.

o

The spray does not work at all :((

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here