Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ronbow ceramic sinks

Posted by emmie2 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 22:56

I just came across the Ronbow ceramic rectangular sinks & cabinetry. while I love the look, the cost leaves me a little breathless. Anyone have any ideas on where to find lok a likes at a chaper cost? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ronbow ceramic sinks

I considered a Ronbow sink for my master bath vanity and also thought they were quite pricey. I ended up getting a Memento Villeroy & Boch basin that was very similar and definitely lower price. I also considered a basin from Ikea that had some similarities (and was a lot lower price), but am glad I went with the V&B. I will try to take a picture of it and post it so you can see.

o

Yup. I got 2 Ronbow knock-offs on eBay. I can't recall the seller ID but their invoice has "buysink.com" on it. Also, as the previous poster said, Ikea has great bath cabinets (Godmorgon series). We modeled our custom vanity on the Ikea cabinet, made a mahogany top, and added the knock-off Ronbow sinks.
Stacey

our vanity with knock-off Ronbow sinks

and, one of the many versions of the Ikea vanity and one of their sinktops

Unfortunately I just looked up buysink.com and the web site is no longer there. They were in Canada... British Columbia I think. I did notice other similar sinks on eBay... look up "semi-recessed sink" if you're looking for the style like mine.

o

Here is a photo of the Villeroy & Boch sink in my master.

IMG_0813

o

gryane, is that sink set away from the wall? If so, is it hard to clean behind?

o

hi kate - no - the sink is actually flush against the wall. It's hard to tell in that photo since my backsplash is not yet in and everything is white. We did consider installing the sink set forward a bit more, but decided against it in the end. We just got the mirror installed today. Backsplash is next....!

o

Can either of you tell me what the cut-out in your counter top looks like? Are you still happy with these counter top sinks, or do you wish you had used under mount?

Thanks for your insight!

o

Overstock also has some ronbow knockoffs, and there are still some ebay sellers who offer similar sinks (search for ceramic vessel sink).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here