Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trough sink fixture spacing.

Posted by charliehorse99 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 31, 12 at 22:55

Hi,

I'm remodeling a master bath and we only have ~53" of rectangular counter (the rest is a triangle ending at 60"). While I wanted two sinks, I decided to go with a trough sink.

I bought the Moda EA 1020 http://moda-usa.com/category.php?id=163#

It's 35" wide, and I'm wondering how far apart we should space two faucets?!
35" wide is on the small side for two people, but I think it is workable. The NKBA says 30" apart (drain spacing for dual adjacent sinks), but I think that would just be too close to the edges of the sink.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trough sink fixture spacing.

That can be a bit snug, but no worries if you want to give it a shot.

Where you place them can be dependent on the size and shape of the faucets. Sometimes they can be weighted towards the sides, but the faucets can be angled a little towards the drain. If you get to close to the sides, you have have splash issues there.

I'd simply recommend you do a mock-up. Start with the faucets spaced about 22-23" apart (11"-11-1/2" on either side of the drain), that'll put them about 5-1/2" from the side edges of the sink. That 2/3rds ratio is a good starting point. Play with that a bit, an inch over here, an inch over there. Try them in the corners angled in. Even on the side of the sink, towards the back corner.

One other thing I'll mention is the drain pop-up. If it is important to have one, have you given that thought?

o

Yep, I got a pop up drain that you press on the stopper to operate, so I don't need anything on the deck in the center.

Thanks for the advise, I'll give it a shot. The good news is that even though it is only 35" wide, there is floor space for people to stand a little further apart, so people don't have to be centered directly on the spouts.

o

Hi charliehorse99. I'm thinking of purchasing the same sink. Can you tell me what the interior dimension are? The spec sheet only lists the exterior dimensions.

o

Dimensions inside of the EA 1020 are:33"w x 10.5"d x 5.5"h (actual measurements). However, these measurements are taken at the widest portions- -the front, left and right sides all slope inward (the front edge does the most). I have not installed it yet. I am a bit concerned about the 10.5" depth being somewhat narrow to fit a faucet spout plus a person's hands/face.

o

Here's your sink pic for those like me who are too lazy to cut and paste:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here