Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I fit a clawfoot tub and separate shower in my narrow bath??

Posted by kateydid88 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 22:15

Hi all,
I'm a long time lurker who used gardenweb extensively for our master bathroom remodel. We live in an older colonial (early 1800s?). We've moved on to thinking about renovating our 2nd bathroom, which will be entirely gutted as it was remodeled poorly in the 80s and is not historically appropriate for our house. The dimensions of the space will be 5'6" x 14'7" rectangle. There are two windows on the exterior 14'7" wall that we may need to move slightly.

My issue is this: I'd like to include a small clawfoot or other free standing soaking tub in the room with a separate walk in shower. I can easily come up with several arrangements with a shower/tub alcove, but aside from some very awkward arrangements, cannot seem to find a way to fit the tub in the space. I grew up with a clawfoot tub shower and really disliked the 360 degree shower curtain, so we aren't really considering that as an option.

Have any of you brilliant renovators done a similar renovation or have any ideas? I'm going to attempt to post my best layout attempt in a second post.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I fit a clawfoot tub and separate shower in my narrow bat

Perhaps something similar to this layout if you remove one of the sinks and get a free standing tub around 65" but it depends on your entrance location. I'll keep thinking about it if your door is at one of the 5'6 ends instead of in the middle of room.

o

Or perhaps this layout if you remove a sink.

o

Those are both really great ideas, XC! I didn't realized anyone had replied to my post, sorry I didn't thank you earlier!!

o

Katey, do you check the box at the bottom of your posting dialog box? The check box that gives you the option of having replies emailed to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here