Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kateydid88

Can I fit a clawfoot tub and separate shower in my narrow bath??

kateydid88
10 years ago

Hi all,
I'm a long time lurker who used gardenweb extensively for our master bathroom remodel. We live in an older colonial (early 1800s?). We've moved on to thinking about renovating our 2nd bathroom, which will be entirely gutted as it was remodeled poorly in the 80s and is not historically appropriate for our house. The dimensions of the space will be 5'6" x 14'7" rectangle. There are two windows on the exterior 14'7" wall that we may need to move slightly.

My issue is this: I'd like to include a small clawfoot or other free standing soaking tub in the room with a separate walk in shower. I can easily come up with several arrangements with a shower/tub alcove, but aside from some very awkward arrangements, cannot seem to find a way to fit the tub in the space. I grew up with a clawfoot tub shower and really disliked the 360 degree shower curtain, so we aren't really considering that as an option.

Have any of you brilliant renovators done a similar renovation or have any ideas? I'm going to attempt to post my best layout attempt in a second post.

Comments (4)