Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

What About These Mirror Styles; Second Go Around

enduring
11 years ago

Hello again! Please look and let me know which one you like the best. I have some new ideas, and the 2 top contenders from the previous thread at the end.

I have found this absolutely beautiful framing material. It is a dark stained wood that has some blue hints rubbed into the grain. A friend of mine said it looks waxed. It is rustic, yet smooth finish and refined. Somewhat sleek. When I've shown others this frame, with my room elements, eyebrows rise. It may not show itself as well in the photos.

{{gwi:1548188}}

{{gwi:1548186}}

New mirror mockups using the frame I found. It comes in a 1.5" and a 2.25" width. I am showing the wider one above. Here are the options using both sizes.

Option 6, wide and square, largest dimension between the scones:
{{gwi:1548193}}

opt 6 mockup:
{{gwi:1393078}}

Option 7, narrow and square, largest dimension between the sconces:
{{gwi:1548196}}

Option 8, wide and rectangle, smaller dimension between the scones:
{{gwi:1548198}}

Option 9, narrow and rectangle, smaller dimension between the scones:
{{gwi:1548201}}

My contenders from the last thread:
option 1
{{gwi:1387184}}

Option 2:
{{gwi:1387185}}

Thanks for taking the time to look at these.

I have linked my first thread from several days ago below.

Here is a link that might be useful: What Mirror Options Do You Like?

This post was edited by enduring on Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 22:44

Comments (10)

• alex9179
    11 years ago

Part of what I liked about the oval is that it 1) softens the angularity of the overall shapes going on in the bathroom and 2) it repeats that curve you have in the soapstone backsplash.

I do like your frame, a lot.

Definitely not the squatty square. If you do decide to go with that frame, then the rectangle is the way to go. I just feel like some curves are...friendlier.

• crl_
    11 years ago

I still like the oval shape.

• catbuilder
    11 years ago

I always liked the rectangle, but not the white frame. I like option 8 or 9. I don't think the oval goes in your space.

• User
    11 years ago

I like the framed oval but not so much with the sconces. That wood framing material is really interesting and different. It will look great with your paint. From a practical standpoint, the thin-framed rectangle works better because it allows more of your reflection while at the sink. The square shows more mirror, and might work because it looks like you have low ceilings.

You should put your two or three favorites up for a vote in the decorating forum since it gets so much traffic. I wish the bath forum was more like the kitchen forum where they love to discuss form just as much as function.

• enduring
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Alex9 & Crl I think the oval helps soften the space too. That is why I cut the scallops out of the backsplash when I made it, the slab just looked too heavy and "square". But as I toy around with shapes and materials, the oval looks a little small right now for the space.

catbuilder and May-flowers, your vote for the square will keep me thinking. The frame just "sings" with the wall color paint. I do have low ceilings at 7'. I have these sconces that I am about ready to ditch. I got them last year, one of the first items of the room. I bought them online and while I think they are beautiful they are a little large.

The idea to post this on the deco forum is terrific so I will do this.

• abfabamy
    11 years ago

I prefer the rectangle in your space. The oval seems wrong with the offset faucet, and it will cut off to much of a person's reflection when using the faucet. The frame finish is beautiful with your other elements. I do think the sconces are a bit large in comparison to the surrounding area. Hope you get more input in decorating!

• enduring
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Abfabamy (what a name:) I am posting there as we post. I think the scones may have to be sacrificed in the future. But not until every thing is in place. They weren't the most expensive but they weren't cheap either. That switch out would have to be done under the cover of darkness!

• User
    11 years ago

Lol! He might not even notice!

• enduring
    Original Author
    11 years ago

May-flowers there is a high probability he won't!

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

I think Alex is dead on. Can't wait to see the sink in situ!