Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flstella

Mrs. Limestone Inspired Bathroom- Photos

flstella
15 years ago

Here are some photos of our recently completed master bath. Thanks to all for the advice I received in this forum, and especially to Mrs. Limestone for the inspiration. I need some accessories - especially for the tub deck, feel free to make suggestions!

Here's my vanity and the tub. This view was taken from the shower, before the shower glass was installed. There is now an LCD TV above the towel rack, so I can watch the news while I get ready in the morning, and watch from the tub as well. If only they made a waterproof laptop, I would never leave the tub!

This is my husband's (smaller) vanity:

View of the tub as you're standing at the entrance to the bathroom- taken before the shower glass was put in. A glass wall now rests on the left side of the tub:

Here's the shower:

And this shot is looking at my husband's vanity and toilet from inside the shower:

Closer view of marble basketweave floor:

Faucets are all from the Moen Kingsley line

Vanities, sinks, sconces, towel bars & rings, and mirrors all from Restoration Hardware.

Tub is Jacuzzi Allusion. Toilet is Jacuzzi brand also.

Tub deck and vanity tops are Bianco Sevic Marble

Subway tile, pencil liner, and chair rail all from Lowe's.

Floor tile is Carrara Marble Basketweave from Classic Tile NY

Glass shower enclosure from K&K Glass

Wall paint: "Shore" (I think) from Restoration Hardware

Let me know what you think!

Stella

Comments (23)

• golddust
    15 years ago

Bravo! Love every single thing about it. Every single detail. Great job! Stunning. Sure to become an inspiration bathroom. Wow!

• weedyacres
    15 years ago

Absolutely lovely...bravo! Love the tiling.

• brody_miasmom
    15 years ago

Really beautiful. I printed the photos for my inspiration file. I've been trying to figure out how to transition from the shower to the wainscoat. Very, very nice.

• pepperidge_farm
    15 years ago

Ooohh. Very nice. I like the subtle white pencil, it adds a lot even when you consider that it is white on white- very clean look. Love that floor. The lines of the tub. Sinks- double ooohh.
    Congrats!

Off to tile some more!!

• raehelen
    15 years ago

Looks serene!

What a pleasure it must be to get up in the morning and get ready in there!

What is at the bottom of the glass on the tub deck? And, what (if anything) is between the glass and the wall? We've just ordered glass walls for our basement BR and I'm not clear on how they will be attached- wanna know for sure before they come out for final measure.

• nopushover
    15 years ago

Congrats on a job well done. A classic. Very nice.

• flstella
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the nice comments! Yes, it is a pleasure to get ready in there in the morning.

Raehelen, at the bottom of the glass that rests on the tub deck there is a thin metal frame that was caulked (I think) onto the deck and the glass rests in it. The glass is attached to the wall with metal clips that are screwed into the wall studs. There is also a silicone sweep that is attached the length of the glass along the walls, and also at the bottom of the door, which keeps the water from leaving the shower area. So far, we've not had any problems at all with water coming out.

• charlikin
    15 years ago

Oh, totally beautiful. Makes me want another bathroom so I can do it just like this... The blue and white together is so serene, and that floor is gorgeous.

Enjoy it!

• pharaoh
    15 years ago

wonderful! awesome... love all the whites in the bathroom. lovely tile work...

• slateberry
    15 years ago

I'm inspired too! Beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing.

I really like the niche for the toilet. May I ask how wide it is? I'd like to do something like that.

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Very serene and elegant. Every detail works with every other detail.

• flstella
    Original Author
    15 years ago

slateberry51 - the toilet area is only 30" wide, which barely meets code here. It was supposed to be wider, but the contractor had to pull a few inches from the area for one reason or another. I thought it would be too small, but really, it's fine. Notice the toilet paper holder that attaches to the tank. I think if we mounted one on the wall in the usual spot it may be in the way. I think about 33" would have been better..

• slateberry
    15 years ago

I don't think it looks too small either. 30" is code here too. I just really like the idea of putting it in a niche like that. It's very helpful to see a picture and dimensions. I will heed your word and aim for 33". Thanks!

• classicalone
    15 years ago

Just super!!!

I love everything about it. It just comes together so perfectly.

• dedtired
    15 years ago

Just when I have decided that I don't like subway tile, along comes pictures like this. They just look so classic and clean. I love your bathroom.

I want a floor like that one. I've added your pictures to my Things I Love file. Thanks for listing what you used.

• inmydreams
    15 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! I'll echo all of the complements so far, love the color scheme - it'll definitely be added to my inspiration photos!

Can you tell me the overall dimensions of the room? It looks very similar in size to my bath and I'm trying to accomplish much the same thing - with two vanities, a shower and soaking tub.

• redroze
    15 years ago

Gorgeous!! ARe the two vanities directly across from each other? We may have to do two separate vanities in our master bath, and we may not be able to put them directly across from each other. I'm trying to decide whether this will bother me. How you did one larger and one smaller vanity is an interesting that I've never though of. Men tend to have less hygenic products anyway.

• flstella
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The overall dimensions of the bathroom are about 10'5" wide by 14' long. The shower and tub take up the entire 14' of the far wall. Across from the shower and tub is the toilet, then my husband's vanity, then the entrance. My larger vanity sits perpendicular to the tub. So when you enter, you're looking at the tub and if you turn right, you're in front of my vanity.
    Hope this helps you picture it in your head. We couldn't do vanities across from each other, either, and this arrangement doesn't bother me at all. It works out perfectly to have the smaller vanity for my husband and the larger one for me!

• totallyblessed
    15 years ago

Wow, what a beautiful bath!! Love it. That floor is spectacular!!

• profrip
    15 years ago

I love this bathroom! Was just searching for marble tile for my own this AM in Jersey. Checking your basket weave pattern at your supplier's website, the picture on my computer screen makes the carrara look much grayer (less white) when put side by side with your posted picture. Batch to batch variation or picture to picture variation do you think?

Is your Lowe's subway tile ceramic or marble?

Your paint color is similar to my bedroom pt. color so of course I loved it too.

I'm currently struggling with different whites from different ingredients--yours certainly looks great.
    Any tips?

• queenofmycastle0221
    15 years ago

Oh my! I showed dh your pics and he agreed that it is very close to what we have in mind. My space will be approxd 10' by 13'6" but we also have the 5 x 8 current master bathroom that we will walk through. I plan to use one side of the entry way as a reach in closet for dh's clothes. I am uncertain of the other side. I wondered if you had a drawing of your plans so that I could compare.

Thank you for your inspiration! Especially the idea of seperate vanities.

Alicia

• degirl
    15 years ago

very CLASSY looking. loved the floor and the color especially. tub looks comfy too. enjoy!

• kmrenovation
    13 years ago

Hi Stella,

Your bathroom is absolutely beautiful! We are in the process of doing our master bathroom and are considering the Carrara Marble Basketweave tile for our floor. Can you tell me if you used the one with gray dots or black dots? I can't really tell from the photos.

Thank you.