Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raenjapan

How can we best arrange 2 shower heads in this big shower

raenjapan
9 years ago

New build. The room has been roughed in, but the shower wall by the toilet hasn't been built yet because I can't decide what I want. The husband feels very strongly that we have 2 shower heads, and I've heard bad things about rainhead showers (maybe there are good ones?). We frequently shower together.

We have hard water, and I'd prefer to avoid glass doors. I know we can squeegee them, but neither of us loves that option.

If I do a half or 3/4 wall next to the toilet, and mounted both shower heads on the far left wall, do you suppose we could manage to keep most of the water in the shower, or would it be everywhere?

This post was edited by raenjapan on Mon, Jan 26, 15 at 21:04

Comments (9)

• raenjapan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Trying the photo again.

• lee676
    9 years ago

I don't understand why shower curtains are so frowned upon in this forum. One would solve your problem here nicely; it wouldnt even be visible when open if that's a concern. That's one big shower, even for two people. There's certainly room for two showerheads of any type on the left wall. Is there going to be a seat or ledge at the end?

• raenjapan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is sort of what I'm picturing, only ours would be longer. I don't want a door, but I'm wondering if we can get away with an open half wall like this:

{{gwi:2133132}}

• lee676
    9 years ago

Oh, I was thinking "half wall" as in a wall that goes only halfway across the room, not half height. A curtain wouldn't look good with a half wall. It sure looks like the floor outside the shower would get a bit wet from random water droplets bouncing off my shoulder, but I've never used a shower with that configuration. I also would be concerned about drafts from any ventilation ducts nearby, especially if they're in the ceiling.

• chiefneil
    9 years ago

It's a pretty large shower so I think you'd be fine with regards to splashing. Although to be sure you could put the showerheads on the half wall instead so they're pointed away from the entrance.

Personally I'd be more concerned with drafts and the air in the shower not heating up. I had an open shower like yours in my previous house and you don't get the lovely billowing clouds of steam associated with hot showers. A lower ceiling in the shower would probably help with that.

• raenjapan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the input. I know it won't be as steamy, but it's not a huge bathroom, so it wont' be too bad. If we had a cleaning person, I'd not be as concerned about glass, but since I have to clean it, I don't want it. I like the idea of putting the shower controls near the entrance, thanks!

• loves2read
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

photos of finished shower?

ours will be bigger than I imagined--

looking for oversized ones as examples

• chisue
    8 years ago

Use glass manufactured with ShowerGuard IN the glass. (Made only by Guardian Glass Co.)

I refuse to spend more time cleaning a huge shower than I would spend IN it.

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling