Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos of modest bathroom before and after

Posted by belasea (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 20:43

Hi - I want to thank everyone for posting their pictures and answering so many questions. I disliked this bathroom so much. The grout was in horrible shape and I couldn't get it clean. It looked horrible! We were trying to make it one more year before remodeling this bathroom, but the shower faucet broke causing us to remodel quickly. We are still waiting for a glass shelf to be installed in the niche. We moved the shower head to the other side of the wall which was our contractor's idea. We're glad he suggested it because it's now feels much more open and we can turn on the water without being under it.

The sink and toilet were fairly new, so we reused them. Honestly, I would have picked a different toilet if I knew we were remodeling so soon, but before we knew we were remodeling, we managed to crack the entire toilet while trying to change the handle, hence this toilet. Not crazy about the toilet, but it's fine for now. We still have our master bathroom to do! :)

Tub - Americh Turo 60x32x18
Shower - White subway tile with honed mini brick marble accent tile and pencil liner.
Floor - 3inch hexagon honed marble
Sink/vanity - Lowe's
Faucets - Graff, Canterbury collection
Towel Train Rack - Pottery Barn
Medicine Chest - Pottery Barn - Vintage Recessed Medicine Cabinet
Lights - Home Depot with antique vianne glass shades from our old light fixtures
Paint - Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace

The new frameless shower door is fixed. We needed a downward shower arm to take a shower without water getting out. I put a paper towel outside while I took a shower this morning and verified that all the water was staying in, minus a 3 - 5 drops of water which I can live with, especially since the bath rug will be there. We like the open feel much more than the old shower doors.

The pictures were taken with my phone and are a little dark, but here they are...

Before:
 photo IMG_0803_zps6511dc29.jpg

After:
 photo IMG_0898_zpsb77ac93d.jpg

photo photo-3_zps16b9df8d.jpg

photo IMG_0889_zpsec55b88c.jpg

photo IMG_0892_zpsf506814e.jpg

photo IMG_0895_zps485abebe.jpg

photo IMG_0897_zpsdd941313.jpg

photo photo-2_zps57b93a8f.jpg

This post was edited by belasea on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 20:29

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos of modest bathroom before and after

I like how the shower accent tiles tie into the marble hexagons on the floor. What a difference subways made in the space. Very nice!

o

I love your new vanity. The ceramic top is so pretty. The whole bathroom looks great, and your floor is exceptionally nice.

o

What a difference! Well done!

o

It's lovely! What a difference, It looks so clean and peaceful with the white and grey.

This post was edited by williamsem on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 23:13

o

Thank you for the kind comments. Williamsem, we really went back and forth over the paint color and after a week, we ended up picking white over a pale blue or gray paint color. It's such a small space and the way the ceiling is (not in the pictures) that part of the ceiling has to be the same color - there is no hard stop on the start of the ceiling in the front portion of this little bathroom. I second guess the white paint sometimes, so it's nice to hear your comments.

This post was edited by belasea on Sun, Jan 27, 13 at 7:46

o

Beautiful job-- I'm thinking of going all white as well, and to work some marble in. You've done a great job and I am probably going to steal some of it!

o

Very nice!

o

Very pretty! I really like the clean lines of your new tub and the great marble accents.

o

What a transformation! Congrats, beautiful job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here