Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
belasea_gw

Photos of modest bathroom before and after

belasea
11 years ago

Hi - I want to thank everyone for posting their pictures and answering so many questions. I disliked this bathroom so much. The grout was in horrible shape and I couldn't get it clean. It looked horrible! We were trying to make it one more year before remodeling this bathroom, but the shower faucet broke causing us to remodel quickly. We are still waiting for a glass shelf to be installed in the niche. We moved the shower head to the other side of the wall which was our contractor's idea. We're glad he suggested it because it's now feels much more open and we can turn on the water without being under it.

The sink and toilet were fairly new, so we reused them. Honestly, I would have picked a different toilet if I knew we were remodeling so soon, but before we knew we were remodeling, we managed to crack the entire toilet while trying to change the handle, hence this toilet. Not crazy about the toilet, but it's fine for now. We still have our master bathroom to do! :)

Tub - Americh Turo 60x32x18
Shower - White subway tile with honed mini brick marble accent tile and pencil liner.
Floor - 3inch hexagon honed marble
Sink/vanity - Lowe's
Faucets - Graff, Canterbury collection
Towel Train Rack - Pottery Barn
Medicine Chest - Pottery Barn - Vintage Recessed Medicine Cabinet
Lights - Home Depot with antique vianne glass shades from our old light fixtures
Paint - Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace

The new frameless shower door is fixed. We needed a downward shower arm to take a shower without water getting out. I put a paper towel outside while I took a shower this morning and verified that all the water was staying in, minus a 3 - 5 drops of water which I can live with, especially since the bath rug will be there. We like the open feel much more than the old shower doors.

The pictures were taken with my phone and are a little dark, but here they are...

Before:

After:

This post was edited by belasea on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 20:29

Comments (9)