Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do cabinet pulls/knobs have to match your faucet finish?

Posted by margar (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 1, 12 at 20:08

Hi! Long time lurker here!

Getting to the final point of our endless master bath remodel - finally!!

Bought a kraftmaid vanity cabinet in the color "Canvas" (off white) with a "Coco" glaze. I bought a Delta Leland faucet in Chrome. I first put chrome pulls/knobs on the vanity, but it really didn't look right. So I switched them out to dark bronze color and the pulls/knobs look much better with the cabinet. But now I am thinking - oh no - the chrome faucet will look odd as the cabinet hardware doesn't match the finish on the faucet. Maybe it doesn't really matter???

OK - so what is the consensus on this one? Thanks for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do cabinet pulls/knobs have to match your faucet finish?

I used brush nickel faucets and a bronzy orb cabinet pull on natural fir cabinets. I was worried it would look odd, but am very happy with how it came out.

o

No. They just have to match your sense of style.

o

Thanks for some input. For some reason I thought everything was supposed to match in finish. Such as light fixture finish, faucets, TP holder, pulls, etc. Guess it doesn't have to be that way.....

o

Definitely ok to mix finishes. We also have chrome Delta Leland faucets in some of our baths. Towel bars, robe hooks, and toilet paper holder are chrome. Light fixtures, cabinet hardware, and door hardware are ORB.

In the master we have chrome Moen Monticello faucets then everything else is bronze (light fixtures, towel bars,robe hooks, toilet paper holder, cabinet hardware, door hardware).

Here is one of my inspiration pics with mixed finishes:

Bathroom traditional bathroom

HTH, Good luck!

o

In my minds' eye chrome and bronze are polar opposites. To me, they don't belong together. A designer friend once told me, "your finished don't have to match but they have to agree". Great advice. I think polished nickel and bronze would be better mates. But then again, if you like it, keep it!

o

We had planned to have all fixtures/hardware polished chrome but later decided to change cabinet/drawer pulls to Top Knobs Aspen Twig in Silicon Bronze Light finish so that the cabinets/drawers beneath the two sinks would look more like a piece of furniture. We are extremely happy with that decision.

Here is a link that might be useful: Top Knobs Aspen Twig Silicon Bronze Light

o

I think that it is a personal choice. I prefer the look of mixed metals. As long as they match in terms of style (transitional versus modern), I think that they can play well together.

Also, I tend to think of chrome finishes as "the jewelry"...every bathroom/kitchen needs a hint of it.

Ultimately, it is your home. I believe that it is important to surround yourself with things that make you happy.

o

Do metal have to match? We are redoing our half bath, I already bought a beautiful chrome faucet W/ 2 handles and a soap dispenser to go in our granite top and purchased chrome towel bar and paper holder but think they are too shiny, can I exchange for brushed nickel of is the not right/ I am keeping my chrome faucet, can I mix?

o

You can do anything if it pleases you, but before you change out the chrome accessories for something else, try them with towels covering the bars and tp on the holder. You may find that when you actually use them instead of looking at them naked, that such a little bit of the fixtures show that they won't be much of too shiny at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here