Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
james_444

Help, am I buying everything I need for Hansgrohe shower?

james_444
11 years ago

Hello all,

First thanks in advance for the help. I want to buy the plumbing components for my shower. I've decided on a rain head with a hand shower on a shower rail. I don't want side sprays.

Here is what I think I need.

1. Hansgrohe 27474001 Raindance Downpour AIR Showerhead, 10-Inch, Chrome

2. Hansgrohe Shower Arm

3. Hansgrohe 01850181 3/4-Inch iBox with Service Stop

4. Hansgrohe 04231000 S Thermostatic Trim With Volume Control And Diverter, Chrome

5. Hansgrohe 27454002 Wall Outlet, Chrome

Am I missing any components?

Thanks

PS. By the way a reviewer on Amazon hates the Theromstaic trim and diverater. (Item 3) Has anyone have any bad experiences with it?

Comments (9)

• james_444
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Silly me I forgot to include the hand shower and wall bar.

6. Hansgrohe 04519000 Raindance E 100 Air Green Handshower Wallbar Set, Chrome, 3-Pack

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

I think you will probably also need the supply for the handshower system (it is the little angle thing from the wall that feeds the water supply into your handshower's hose). And, you'll want one with a check valve built in.

Not sure if your rain shower comes with the supply pipe either, but that would maybe be another thing.

And, I am not familiar with the ibox--I tried to figure that out, and gave up, but be sure it comes with a valve and diverter valve (since you have trim... Is the box just a box that houses the valve? I have no idea).

• motherof3inct
    11 years ago

I am just beginning my bathroom project. Forgive my ignorance, but how is all the pieces you are getting different from this Hansgrohe Shower System?

http://www.faucetdirect.com/hansgrohe-27160-raindance-showerpipe-shower-system-includes-10-rain-showerhead-multi-function-hand-shower-and-63-hose-includes/p52812

• james_444
    Original Author
    11 years ago

In answer to your question the shower system you link to is one that is used as a retrofit when you want to keep most of the tile in place. You may still have to replace the valve unless you already have Hansgrohe valve in your shower.

In my case I'm replacing all the tile so all the plumbing is accessible since I have already removed the tile and sheet rock. Given I have a small shower I'd rather have as much of the plumbing behind the wall as possible however it is a matter of taste.

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

That's basically the same shower as I have in my new master bath, although I have different shower heads. Everything works great - I don't feel like it's too "plastic" (as the Amazon reviewer said). This is my second renovation using these same fixtures (two different houses).

Here is a link that might be useful: Valve purchased here

This post was edited by annkathryn on Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 22:37

• wishiwasinoz
    11 years ago

This might be a helpful old post:

Here is a link that might be useful: Help me create a bill of materials for what I need to buy

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

I was going to link to my earlier post as well. Mongo's list was fantastic. I was able to price shop and buy from quality bath and faucet direct.

• james_444
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Many thanks for all the help. I much appreciate it. I'm going to order my components tonight. I actually contacted Hansgrohe and asked if my list was complete. Here is their reply.

Hi, James

Yes, you have all of what you need for the system you are putting together. Keep in mind you should run this system in copper not pex, if your intention is pex, run 3/4 pipe not 1/2.

Respectfully,

Linette C. Williams
    Technical Services Representative
    Hansrohe Inc.
    1492 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway
    Alpharetta, GA 30004
    Phone: 800-334-0455 Opt 2

I mention this because on one of threads so kindly shared a poster was whining that information such as I was asking about was what I should pay a plumber for. My response is "Go to (well you know where)". I will not tolerate being charged for information about a product that I am buying be it plumbing, a car, or an appliance. I will pay a plumber for the skill to install it but I would never pay one to give me information about a product.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

• lee676
    11 years ago

> PS. By the way a reviewer on Amazon hates the Theromstaic trim and diverater. (Item 3) Has anyone have any bad experiences with it?

I'm about to have one put in. It appears the diverter doesn't let you have both outlets going at once, which may be acceptable if the two ports lead to a showerhead and a tub spout, but for an overhead rainshower and a hand spray I'd want to be able to have both usable at the same time, as well as one or the other. Some thermostatic valves with built-in diverters allow this.