Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
projectime

replacing one piece shower unit

projectime
10 years ago

Hi - I suddenly need to remodel our original issue 1967 hall bathroom, which functions as the house's primary/master bathroom. We have been trying to get around to this for the 25 years we have owned the house, but the wax seal around the base of the toilet just failed so the remodel is now a number one priority. The bathroom has a one piece shower unit, probably fiberglass, and no room for a tub. The shower is "dated" to put it kindly, and the area around the glass/aluminum door is deeply stained. I went online and most of the units are bigger than this space, which is roughly 36 deep by 34 wide. Although I'd love to have something nice, I also need to be done asap. I gather one does not purchase a unit until the old one is pulled out so one can measure accurately. Other than this, are there other tips I should keep in mind? I'm not too worried about the rest, but the shower is a puzzle. The house style is 1967 ranch, but when making changes we have trended a bit toward mid-century. There is no resale issue as we are likely to own this house for a long time more. This is a rural area.

Comment (1)