Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding molding to medicine cabinet?

Posted by randekasp (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 19:48

Hi All,
Hope this is right place to post! Installing recessed medicine cabinets. The size I want have mirrored doors. I want a white frame look around them. Is it safe or foolhardy to add molding to the mirrored doors? Some companies do offer medicine cabinet framing kits, but they are outrageously expensive. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding molding to medicine cabinet?

Very easy to do.

You'll have to take into consideration the edge of the glass and if you want to hide it, which you probably will, as well as if the added molding will affect the swing of the door.

o

We also liked the quality and size of the recessed cabinets but preferred the look of the framed mirrors. Our carpenter cut the whole in drywall for the recessed cabinet, then made a custom frame and mounted that to the wall. Finally, he inserted the cabinet -- so that the frame is actually behind the mirror. We love the results.
 photo MedicineCabinet002_zpsb20e906a.jpg

photo MedicineCabinet003_zps76a9f30f.jpg

photo MedicineCabinet004_zps65b55950.jpg

o

Thank you! SadieV- looks great! Would love to hear how others have done it.

o

Mine's recessed too, and the molding is attached to the wall, not to the mirrors. But mine is a sliding- door style.

o

Sadie, what sink faucet is that in the picture? That has the look of something I would like to find?

o

It's been a while, but I believe that's a Kohler Bancroft set. I almost used that line, it's very nice.

o

Oh! You are absolutely right, williamsem! Thanks so much! Love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here