Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
howhoo_gw

matching whites

howhoo
10 years ago

Hi everyone, does anyone have any idea which whites would match as close as possible between American Standard and Kohler. We're putting in an AS Evolution soaking tub w apron and would prefer to get a Kohler Memoir toilet (yes instead of an AS white toilet cause that would be too sensible). My wife and I are wondering if AS arctic white would be the best match to Kohler's white. Anyone ? :) tx

Comments (4)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Toilet showrooms have samples for you to compare. You are selecting some very popular companies (American Standard and Kohler) so you should be able to grab a tank top from a toilet and put it next to a sink or sample chip of the Kohler line. As long as you are viewing them under the same lighting conditions, you are golden.

-Babka

• howhoo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's good logical advice Babka, thank you. I tried to do just that at HD and Lowes in my area but surprisingly they didn't carry any AS arctic white products to compare kohler white to, and they didn't have arctic white sample chips either. Guess next step is to call manufacturers and ask for sample chips, just thought maybe somebody here might know, save me the trouble. Tx again.

• shanghaimom
    10 years ago

here is more on the subject, in case you have not already seen this thread from a search:

Here is a link that might be useful: fixture whites

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Do you have a plumbing supply store anywhere close by? Or a local kitchen and bath design/remodel store? Much faster than trying to get samples out of manufacturers.

-Babka