Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoopysmom_gw

On-line purchases for the bath?

hoopysmom
9 years ago

What on-line store have you had luck using? I'm considering KBAuthority.com (Kitchen and Bath Authority). The prices are so low it makes me suspicious. Any luck with faucetsdirect.com?
Thanks

Comments (17)

• kats737
    9 years ago

Faucetdirect.com (no 's') is a reputable site. They are part of a larger network of sites, build.com.

I got my faucets from there and was very happy. I understand their technical customer service is also quite good if you have an issue.

• bergiesgirl
    9 years ago

I used Homeclick for our tub and was sent the wrong tub Used Quality Bath for all Hansgrohe product and beside a few items being backordered happy with them, but ordered before their big Jan 1 price increase.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

I just bought two faucets from qualitybath.com and everything was fine.

• ohgoodness
    9 years ago

Amazon. I ordered just about everything from there including my toilet! I wanted a Toto. The local plumbing supply said it would be a 4-6 week delivery. I ordered from Amazon and I had it in two days and it was $200 less! I also ordered my Grohe fixtures from there and saved even more on my showerpipe system. Again, super fast free delivery for being Prime customer. Everything worked beautifully, no problems. Amazing!

• piscesgirl
    9 years ago

We used plumbtile.com for all of our plumbing fixtures (Masterbath and now for our hall bath which is in process). Very satisfied with them.

• polly929
    9 years ago

I just ordered from quality bath as well. Have not received my order yet, but I ordered faucets a couple years ago from them and I was happy. I am remodeling our main bath, and I'm ordering mostly everything (except tile and countertop) online because prices are more competitive.

• hoopysmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I review pricing between the sites recommended in the posts above and the best pricing for the Hansgrohe and Brizo items I need came from faucetdirect and Amazon, so I split my order. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. Thanks for all your recommendations!

• numbersjunkie
    9 years ago

I also order almost everything from Amazon. But I have also used other on line sources such as Wayfair and Homeclick without any problem. I would be very weary of KBAuthority - their prices are low but when listed as an alternate seller on Amazon, I noticed that they are not eligible for Amazons A to Z Guarantee. To me, that sends a big red flag - and perhaps indicates that Amazon has had issues with them before?

• razamatazzy
    9 years ago

I ordered everything from FaucetDirect including tub and toilet. No sales tax, and free shipping. Everything came as expected on schedule. I called customer service for something and was very impressed with the service I received.

• kudzu9
    9 years ago

I use Amazon, but I also find that build.com will often match or beat the Amazon prices, and sometimes has a broader selection. I have had consistently reliable service from both. On my last bathroom remodel, I think I ended up spending about 90% of the fixture budget at build.com. On one item I wanted -- a linear, stainless shower drain in a hard-to-find length-- they had it in stock at a significantly higher price than I found it at another web site, but that web site was out. When I gave them the reference, they matched the price at the other site and sent it right out.

• enduring
    9 years ago

Kudzu, thats good to know about the price matching with Build.com. Thanks.

• jerzeegirl
    9 years ago

I used Amazon and faucetdirect. I used faucetdirect for all my Hansgrohe fixtures because they are an authorized online dealer of Hansgrohe, which the other sites did not appear to be.

• aiallega
    9 years ago

I love Wayfair.com. I ordered a bathroom sink and it was delivered THE NEXT DAY with free shipping too. I've ordered other things from them and the items always come super fast and in perfect condition.

• Shelley Graham
    9 years ago

Another vote for FaucetDirect. Terrific customer service, no sales tax (a big deal in CA), free shipping. But...if you need something fast...Amazon Prime is pretty hard to beat!

• emma
    9 years ago

I don't buy things like that online. I want to see it in person, but then I just want basic stuff that blends with my home, something that doesn't stand out.

• kudzu9
    9 years ago

Emma- Sometimes I want to look at something in person, too. If I like it, I then ask the store manager if the store will match the online price I've printed out. If not, it's off to the computer I go....

• jerzeegirl
    9 years ago

I got an estimate from two local plumbing dealers for the same items and they were both 100% more than the price on line. I would have preferred to buy from them but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Plumbing fixtures are expensive and we are talking about savings of over $1K.