Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canyon Creek cabinetry

Posted by colorfast (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 26, 12 at 19:02

Hi, I am looking at bathroom cabinets/vanities by Canyon Creek based in Monroe, WA. So far, they look like a good option for me, a more budget price than the custom cabs I had for the kitchen.

Background info: This bathroom is used daily by 3 older kids/teens. I will use leftover granite from kitchen (3cm, dark blue "Dynamic blue") with undermount sink.

I am thinking of their shaker door, in beech wood and a Kona or Cayenne finish. Cost with ply drawers, under-hardware for the drawers, is about $530 for a 51" run, one endcap needed.

They looked good to me at the shop, and I have been studying their website. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any advice welcomed:)

Thx, Colorfast

Here is a link that might be useful: Canyon Creek Cabinetry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canyon Creek cabinetry

Looks like your post got dropped down for lack of comments. I will say that I have a friend who chose Canyon Creek cabinets for her Kitchen, and she liked them a lot. I'd say go for it. They are a good local company with many faithful buyers, in my experience talking to others about their remodels in our area.

o

We remodeled our kitchen with Canyon Creek cabinetry in 2000. (Cornerstone Cape Cod, white base frames with hickory doors.) In twelve years' use, we have had one drawer warp slightly. All the rest is as new. We would choose Canyon Creek again without hesitation.

o

I did my kitchen with Canyon Creek back in 2008.
I am *very* pleased with them, as was my high end contractor.
I got plywood boxes with wood interiors, and am very happy that I did. The boxes are very solid.

o

Thanks all, I did cross-post over in kitchens and got some positive feedback with this company over there. Thank you for resurrecting it for people's feedback. I'm especially glad to hear from people who have had their cabinets from several years!

Paul, I am also going to upgrade to plywood interiors, since it is on sale and nearly free.

However, I am staying with the basic plywood dovetail for drawers and not upgrading to maple dovetail. The only downside to that decision is that these will be a 3/4 extension instead of a full-extension opening. The additional cost was just too much. Still it will be a huge improvement over the dark, fixed shelves inside the current cabinet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here