Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Bathroom vanity different wood/stain than door/trim?

nikkidan
12 years ago

I posted this morning, but my post has disappeared!

Our cabinets are set to be alder with wild cherry stain, resembles a medium cherry stain. So it's pretty dark but not dark brown like as espresso, but definitely much darker than natural, if that helps.

The interior doors, trim, and baseboards are set to be oak, stained a honey or golden...so still light, and definitely not dark at all, but darker than natural..hope that makes sense.

I'm ok with my kitchen cabinets being darker than the rest of the woodwork in the house...so the kitchen will "pop" a bit rather than just blending in. But there are also no doors, baseboards, window trim right near my kitchen cabinets.

However, in the bathrooms, there WILL be lighter oak doors, trim, baseboards very near and around the vanity areas. So I'm hesitant as to whether we should go with the same darker stain on the bathroom vanities, or if we should do a lighter stain in the bathrooms that will blend in with the doors and trim.

Any suggestions, advice, or info for me? If anyone has pictures of their bathrooms with a darker vanity and trim with a different wood/stain I'd love to see them! Thanks

Comments (3)