Rohl faucets- Viaggio
Kohler sink & toilet
Schonbek LaScala Chandelier
Mirror- Restoration Hardware

Comments (29)

• gfiliberto
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's a better look at the Schonbek Chandelier, which is my favorite part of the room!
    Paint color- Benj. Moore- Sweatshirt Grey

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I love it all! First I've seen the Rohl with the crystal handles. Kind of wish I'd gone that route. It's all studding and so elegant. I have a Schoenbek in my powder room too, fun!

• Olychick
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!- can we please see the floor?

• gfiliberto
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Calacutta Marble herring bone floor

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Absolutely stunning! I love everything. The combination of marble, blue gray paint and silver is so lovely and luxurious.

• gfiliberto
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another floor view~

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Ooooh- that floor is so beautiful! (as is your entire room!) I see where you noted it is a cutom floor- is it a mesh backed mosaic or did someone hand cut and lay each of those pieces? Gorgeous!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

It looks terrific! :)

• gfiliberto
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all!
    Sparklebread~ They make that herring bone floor in different marbles with a mesh back, but it didn't come in Calacutta marble. I really wanted the floor to match the counter marble, so the store I dealt with asked the stone supplier to cut Calacutta for me and put it on mesh. It took about 6 - 8 weeks and a custom fee.

• bill_vincent
    11 years ago

That floor is incredible. Nice work!

• kmcg
    11 years ago

It's beautiful! Great choices.

• janealexa
    11 years ago

Very beautiful and elegant! Your other bathroom is beautiful as well! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

• enduring
    11 years ago

Beautiful, I like how the floor has the solid trimmed tile around the herringbone, very classic looking. Your counter stone is very nice!

Well done!

• mountaineergirl
    11 years ago

Your herringbone floor is beautiful! I am currently in a remodel due to water damage, and having carrara marble herringbone installed in a powder room. there's no way I could afford to add the beautiful marble baseboard too :( I'm stretching it as it is. I'm excited after seeing yours, and can't wait to see it grouted. All I know is for the price I better love it. But if its half as pretty as yours, I know I will!!

• crl_
    11 years ago

So elegant! Thank you.

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

It's stunning and elegant. The Shonbek is the perfect finishing touch for all of the other beautiful choices you made. In this lovely room, the name of your wall paint, Sweatshirt Grey, strikes me as funny!

• mountaineergirl
    11 years ago

I thought the same thing about the paint color! The names they come up with sometimes are very funny. The paint choices in my dining room were called (SW) camel back and cardboard lol. The contractor said Well it sounds like it would be cheap! :)

But that is a beautiful shade of gray

• kfhl
    11 years ago

Just stunning! Thanks so much for sharing. It is tough to photograph such small spaces, but we love seeing it!

• gfiliberto
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Treasuretheday and Mountaineergirl-

Funny you should mention the paint color name. I knew I wanted a gray color, but I had no idea which one would look good. I heard a decorator on a TV show say that his new favorite "go to" color was Sweatshirt Grey. I bought it sight unseen. I figured it wouldn't be such a huge job to repaint if I hated it, and I ended up loving it!

• Joga
    11 years ago

Perfection--I am IN LOVE with that floor!

• wolfgang80
    11 years ago

Great looking bathroom. What grout colour / manufacturer is on your floor?

• Kdrosas
    11 years ago

the floor is really stunning!

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

My jaw is just dropping looking at that floor - oh my, it is to die for!!

Could you share your source? Was it mind blowingly expensive if you don't mind me asking?

• boymom23
    11 years ago

It's GORGEOUS!!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Lovely floor, and the toilet looks so nice with it.

• kellysar
    11 years ago

Your powder room is stunning! Can you tell me how high your ceiling is? I'm thinking of a chandelier, but don't know if my ceiling is high enough. Thanks

• gfiliberto
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hobokenkitchen- I ordered the tile floor from Meditteranean Tile on Rt. 46 in Fairfield, NJ. It was a custom order because the tile did not come in Calacatta marble, so they cut it especially for me. That herringbone style did come standard in other marbles.
    The herringbone cost around $1300 + the border tile and baseboard tile.

Wolfgang- the grout is Keracol unsanded- white

Kellysar- my ceiling is only 8ft.

• gfiliberto
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on the floor! I was very nervous about doing a custom order. I guess it paid off!

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Oh it definitely paid off!! That's outside our budget for our large guest bathroom, but if it weren't I would shamelessly copy that floor - it is just so stunning!! One of my favorite tile uses I've seen.